Elusive.

"The coldest heart you've ever felt
The coldest hands you've ever held
Taken down on his way
A million miles, still no headway
Has his love truly blown?
In his mind I'm proud to roam."

-Lianne La Havas

Night had become your favorite part of the day. Not necessarily for sleeping, although that was a huge part of it. It was night that allowed you to digest your day and make plans for the next. You, being an extremely reflective person, needed that time once everything calmed down to sort yourself out. During the day you were working and it would be implausible to even think of enjoying a relaxing silence to placate your mental health. You lie cuddled in your warm duvet, comfortable enough to sleep, but wide awake. You'd already analyzed your day and now your mind sat idle trailing its way, very slowly, to rest.

"Y/N!" The noise frightened you but you quickly recognized the voice and you'd also recently given your "guy friend" a key to your apartment, though he never came over without calling first.

Another yell came but this time it was closer and the slightest bit slurred, not from drunkenness you surmised. It was probably from sleep deprivation. "In here!" you answer back climbing from under the covers. Jinyoung came into your room grumbling. " 'In here' could be anywhere, you should be more specific."

"You found me didn't you?" you answered playfully.

The two of you were facing each other now. He frowned at your bare legs that were on full display thanks to length, or lack of length, of your night shirt. You had on a plain t-shirt that was kind of big, not exactly oversized but the fabric reached below your underwear so it was fine.

"Where are your pants? It's freezing in here." He walked over to the dresser behind you opening the drawer that had a few of this things.     You parked your hand on your hip. "I happen to be perfectly fine with the temperature and the last time I checked I pay rent here so I am free to wear whatever I want." You weren't mad, and your tone didn't reflect that. In all truth you were worried Jinyoung wasn't always in the cheeriest of moods, but he'd never been so grouchy, not with you at least.

He sighed. "I'm sorry I'm being snappy. I'm just tired." He walked back over and wrapped his arms around you. You kissed his chin. That sweet interaction was enough to calm to the both of of you. He pulled away and went back to his drawer.

"Why are you here?" you asked from your new spot on the edge of your bed. He scoffed. "Am I no longer welcome?" You rolled your eyes. "Jinyoung, you know I didn't mean it like that. He closed the drawer, clearly he'd found what he'd been looking for: shorts. He smiled. "I'm joking."

"You never come here during promotions."         

"I do sometimes." he sat next to you on the bed. You shook your head. 

"No you don't, never at night."                                                                                         

"Well I can sleep here, can't I?"             

His eyes searched your face when you didn't respond. A worry crease appeared on his forehead. "Do you really not want me here?"                 

You shook your head. "No Jinyoung." He looked more worried.                      

"No, not that. I-" you frowned at your inability to articulate your thoughts correctly.