Puppets

Emma, (Y/n), and Michael were all spending the week with Emma's parents. They lived in France, so the family had taken a week off to go visit, and because Emma's parents wanted to see Michael. They weren't able to go to his first birthday party last month which was just family and close friends, and since (Y/n)'s parents were the ones who had hosted the party at their house, Emma's parents invited them to stay over for the week, and they were going because it was close to Christmas, and they thought it would be nice to see her family. There were a few reasons they went. 

Today was their third day there, and everyone was at the house trying to find something to do, that they could also take Michael to. The night before, (Y/n) and Emma went out for dinner, while Emma's parents stayed with Michael, so today they were trying to find something to do that's more focused on Michael. 

When Emma's mum had found a puppet show nearby, (Y/n) scoffed at the idea. "A puppet show? Really?" (Y/n) muttered to himself, and Emma heard him. "It'll be fun! And it's not for you to enjoy anyways, it's for Michael. So suck it up, you're going with us whether you like it or not." She told him, and with that they got ready to go. It wasn't very far, so the group walked to where it was. It was a miracle both (Y/n) and Emma weren't spotted on their walk there. It didn't take too long to walk there, since (Y/n) had Michael sitting on his shoulders, which the boy really enjoyed and was giggling nonstop. 

When they arrived, the group went for seats where they would be least spotted and not have any pictures of them taken, but also where they could see the show best. Eventually, they decided on right in the middle of the audience. Michael was sitting in his mother's lap, since he couldn't really see that well. 

The show started, (Y/n) sitting there expectantly, waiting for it to be over. The puppets came into view, and as the show went on, (Y/n) liked it more and more. Michael enjoyed it too, and he watched the show in awe, while (Y/n) was immersed in the show. He was even acting like a child too, answering the questions the puppets asked the children, and laughing at all the childish jokes. Emma just watched (Y/n) with an amused look. She knew he would like it, but she didn't expect him to like it this much. She diverted her attention back to the show, and on the boy sitting in her lap. Emma's parents enjoyed the sight as well since they never knew (Y/n) was this childish. 

By the end of the show, (Y/n) was sad it was over. Michael was getting a bit sleepy, while (Y/n) was raving about the show. "It was awesome! Did you see it? Do you think there's another one?" He rambled excitedly, as Emma tried to stifle her laughter. "I don't know. I thought you hated puppet shows? You didn't seem to like the idea earlier?" Emma told him, a knowing look on her face. "Yeah well, maybe I did like it a bit..." He admitted. He dragged Emma over to the stage, taking his phone out. "I want a picture with them. The puppets." (Y/n) explained, while Emma's parents got Michael's coat, hat, and gloves and put them on the boy, getting ready to leave. Luckily, the puppets were still there, and Emma begrudgingly took a picture. 

Once he had gotten his picture, the group left the theater. "That was fun." (Y/n) stated as they walked out, Michael falling asleep in Emma's hold. "I think we all knew you had fun." Emma's mum stated. "By the looks of it, you had more fun than Michael." Emma's dad shared, as they all looked to see him sleeping on his mother's shoulder. "No, Michael loved it actually. He's just tired. It's nearly time for his nap." Emma explained, as (Y/n) raved again about how much he loved it. For the rest of the week he kept looking to see if they were having any more puppet shows he could go to and take Michael with him of course.