Chapter 12: Didn't see that coming Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Death."

I start to speak but Ash, clenches the hand that is around his throat, and rips it out. I watch the man fall to his knees as blood pours from the wound. He chokes, struggling to speak as I put on my queen face. As blood pours out of his open mouth and he falls to the ground I glance at Ash, whose eyes are now flashing blue. I glance at Liam, knowing he's the only one than can take care of her now, as he steps out of the crowd. He steps forward as a blood soaked Ash falls into his arms. No one says anything as they leave the room and no one tries to stop them. I look meaningfully at Luke and Gabe and they step forward naked, to stand at my side. I look at the room and keep my voice cool as I speak.

"Does anyone wish to cry challenge on my sister?" I wait as everyone on the other side of the room step back and my Daddy steps forward. My gaze stays on his face and I try not to think about the fact that he is naked.

"Your sister did her right as your Berzerker. There will be no challenge. Grit..." He nods to the guy dead on the floor. "...knew who you were when he struck at you. I had already communicated with him to stop the fighting. If Ash had not killed him I would have killed him myself." I tilt my head in acknowledgement and tuck away the Bezerker comment til later. Right now he is naked and I am uncomfortable. I nod then turn and walk out of the room.

........................ 

TWENTY MINUTES LATER 

I got out of the shower smelling like Luke's Axe shampoo and taking comfort from the fact that I smell like him. They both look up from their places on the bed. Gabe smiles as I walk over to my overnight bag, naked. I bent over wiggling my butt and I feel lust pulse through the bond. I stand and slide on my knives as I turn back to the guys, only to see the look on Luke's face and it wasn't lust. I frown and start to open my mouth but he speaks first.

"If you had stayed in the back like I asked this wouldn't have happened." I turn my back on him without speaking as I pull on a light blue sweater and black leggings. I speak to Gabe without turning around, struggling for the queen face that usually comes so easily but I wasn't used to wearing it with them either.

"Gabe could you go get me something to eat? I'm starving." I feel him walk up behind me as he places a kiss on my shoulder and leans down to whisper in my ear.

"You could just ask for some private time with Luke, it's okay to be alone with him." I smile a nod jerkily as he tilts my head up and kisses me on the mouth. "I'll bring back some Funonions and some Ben and Jerry 'Chunky Monkey' ice cream." I smile and nod. The door shuts softly as I take a deep breath and turn to face Luke. I know he can feel my hurt through the bond but I refuse to show him how much I'm hurting.

"I told you then and I'm telling you now you can't always be in charge. You're an Alpha. I'm an Alpha. We are going to fight I get that but don't ever throw that in my face again. Ash killing him is not my fault!" Luke gets off the bed and stalks over to me his silver eyes, never leaving mine. I shiver at the sexual tension suddenly in the air as he smiles at me.

"I didn't mean to throw anything in your face. It....scared me is what I meant. You were hurt." I blink as he stops in front of me, his eyes staring deep into mine. I struggle to process what he has just confessed as he places a hand on my cheek.

"I love you Realtin." I place my hand over his as I speak.

"I love you too. Forever." Then his lips came down on mine and the world exploded. Our tongues fought for dominance as he shoves me against the wall. I moan as his hand slides down to my ass and I thrust my breasts into his chest. We both feel Gabe's amusement through our bond as we pull back to see him standing behind us.

"Sorry but Coner wants to talk to us and Riki hasn't ate in a while." He raises his hands to show he is carrying the Funonions and the Ben and Jerry 'Chunky Monkey' ice cream. I squeal and kiss Luke on the lips before pushing past him and tearing the food from Gabe's hands. They both watch as I dip a Funonion in the ice cream and stuff it into my mouth. I pout at the amused disgust on their faces.

"What?" They both shake their heads and walk over to me. They both kiss one of my cheeks as Luke speaks.

"I love you." I smile and speak.

"Forever." Gabe smiles and speaks then.

"Forever and a day, baby. Forever and a day." 

ASH POV 

There was a time in my life whenever nothing was safe. Then there was a time in my life whenever I was sometimes safe. Now I'm not sure anymore. I force myself to open my eyes, knowing that I have killed some else and praying that it wasn't someone I loved. I am on a queen size bed with soft blue linen but that isn't what gets my heart pounding in my chest. I blink again unsure of what I am seeing. Then blink again positive I'm dead because there is no way that Liam is beside me, asleep, in nothing but his boxers.

I bite back a whimper at the six pack and tan muscular legs. My eyes rove back up to his face as I study his features. His lips are full and there is a cleft in his chin but there are laugh lines around his eyes even though he had the hard, sculpted body a warrior. I jerk when I realize that I was so busy staring at his mouth that I hadn't noticed that his eyes are open. He's looking at me with emerald green eyes, studying me as I study him. For a moment I think I see a flash of lust in his eyes but I dismiss it as my overactive imagination. He had offered his services earlier to help me not out of lust. I purse my lips then speak before I lose the nerve to ask.

"How many?" He puts his hands behind his head as he stares up at me with calm eyes. He has always been there after one of my rages, always knowing what I need afterwards.

"Just one and he is justified. I wish I could have killed him and saved ye this pain, lass." I close my eyes as a single tear slides down my face. When I speak I know that I am lashing out at him for something that he hasn't done but I can't seem to stop the words.

"I don't need you to protect me and I don't need your help." I see the hurt in his eyes but I keep going. It's like watching a car accident knowing what's going to happen but unable to stop it.

"As a matter of fact could you go find Kade. I need his special brand of help right now but don't worry I'll still think about your offer." I watch his face shut down and don't know why I've said the things that I have but it's too late now. He jerks off the bed and walks from the room without saying another word. I blink back tears unsure of what I'm upset about but knowing that I've somehow hurt Liam very deeply. I'm not really surprised when Kade comes in the room twenty minutes later and not Liam but I try to ignore the hurt that I feel, even if I am the one that did it.

I try to remain indifferent to the sleep tosseled hair a glassy bedrooms eyes that scream 'I just rolled out of be' but there is this pounding in my chest as he looks me over my long t-shirt and nothing else and I groan as the lust fills his eyes and he steps forward. I may not know what is going on with Liam and my feelings for him but I know what I'm feeling for Kade right now. So when he climbs onto the bed with me I don't object. 

A/N: This is a three part chapter. There are several issues that I want to work out with both Riki and Ash that I wanted to put in this chapter. I will post again today or tomorrow.