12. Chestnut

"oh Verona, did you miss me?" you cooed to your horse, brushing her rich brown mane

"I missed you a lot." you whined and hugged the horse by it's neck and stroking it's head gently "You'll never lie to me. You're the only friend I need"

"Haru!" your brother called out to you as he entered the stables, "this is new. you came early for once"

"Tch." clicking your tongue, you walked away holding Verona's reins and leading her outside with you leaving your confused brother in the stables to prepare his horse and gear. 

he has no idea what you are going through right now for his sake. 

without waiting for Min Seong you galloped away on your horse as fast as you could, the air hitting you in the face and the greener fields clearing up your mind.

stopping by somewhere in the middle with a little stream, you and Verona decided to take a little break with Verona quenching up her thirst and you lying down on a grassy patch looking up at the blue sky and the clouds moving, some were moving past with some were stagnant.   

"Hey Verona! do you think I should just become a horse? there is nothing too much to worry about, you just eat, sleep and run around. sounds nice." you rhetorically asked your poor horse who just neighed in response.  
"yeah you're right, I'll freeze to death. I'll stick to being human, it's too cold!" you sat up shuddering at the sudden cool breeze that hit your sweat. "I'll bring you a saddle blanket next time I visit."

"shall I just run away?" you asked the chestnut colored horse "should I just escape and live somewhere else?"  

...

"where have you been? you can't just ride off like that over to nowhere! what if you hurt yourself?" Min Seong yelled at you as got down from your horse and were removing your gloves and helmet. 

"don't worry much dear brother. I was still in the club premises, there is no way I'd get lost" you shoved your gloves into his chest and went away to hand the mare to the stable master to get Verona back into her stall. 

"I'm tired. leave me alone for a while please" you requested Min Seong as the two of you were heading back into the club building so you could change out of your riding suits, He said nothing but stayed silent understanding it as one of your mood swings and needed to be alone. 

...

"Min Seong.... you've... never hurt anyone on purpose right?" you carefully ask your sibling who is currently holding the steering wheel. 

suddenly tensing up a little bit and taken aback from the sudden question, he made a brief eye contact with you before turning his head back to focus on the road.

"what are you saying? why would I do that?" he laughed it away nervously and trying to change the topic quickly. "what is up with you anyway? you seem to be pretty down lately, you okay? did something happen?"

"nothing really. you don't need to bother about it" you lied giving him a little smile and reassured, "must be just PMS or something. seems like it's my mood this time.... anything better than cramps though, right?" 

you two laughed a little bit, getting the regular vibe in between you back and joke around a little. even though you felt a little queasy in your chest but you chose to ignore it instead, at least for now.

he was family after all. you should trust him, right?

...

[A/N: Ayyyy filler! we love 'em now don't we? ha ha. I got two points or whatever to make now.
1. nah I did not get depressed and shit and leave, I just forgot I had exams and been busy with school. I WAS HYPED TO WRITE AND THIS HAPPENS.
2. I have more exams, in fact by the time you're reading this I might be even writing one! hah.. ha ha... killmepleasewhyamIlikethis. they're gonna end next month so see ya then! (can't tell for sure, I might just whip out another chapter out of nowhere in between because procrastination.✌) 
this is just a prep chapter for later anyway, the real plot will start soon guys I promise]