6. Weakness

you twirled around with the hem of the gown lifting up a bit from the air.

"No" you heard a sharp rejection, Min Seong sitting in the chair in your room with his hands folded and legs crossed with a distasteful expression in his face.

"you are kidding me" you said with an unbelievable face, "this is the fifth dress I've tried on. we are running out of options sir, if you haven't realized"

"well, I don't like any of them" he shrugged

"how important is this stupid party anyway?" you asked sulkily, going back into the wardrobe and changing into the next one. you were getting tired of constantly changing in and out of gowns, "I swear if you make me buy a new one I'll kill you"

you stepped back into the room and had your hands on your hips "or even better, I'll wear a suit"

your bother smiled amusingly at the idea, "I would love that but others won't"

"screw them! why the hell not?" you threw your arms up now cheering about the idea

"But they are other important people in our business world and what they think will affect us too!" Min Seong cheered mimicking your energy and then his smile dropped in seriousness, "next one"

you were so close to scream in frustration right now. the pain is real.

"this is the second best that I've got" you showed your picky brother the dress you wore in great hopes he will approve.

"this isn't bad, wear this one" he said impressed. "they aren't important enough to see you in your best, this is good enough"

"finally!" you cried in relief, quickly getting out of the dress and changing into your pajamas immediately

"anyway, why is this party even so important?" you asked curiously flopping into your bed and scrolling through your phone "it's just a birthday party. why make such a big deal about it?"

"are you really not interested in our allies and rivals? the business world is no less than a battlefield and a courtroom full of two-faced people who have their eyes on the throne" your brother laid down next to you "it's a real madhouse, you have to be careful all the time"

"what? it can't be that serious" you laughed it off "who is this hotshot anyway?"

"Regal enterprise, the president is turning thirty years old, rumor is going around that he'll become the chairman pretty soon. everyone is trying to get close to him, we are no exception of course, the company has a clean record in the public and the market value has been strong for a long time"

"Haru... Even if you're strong with your theory and practice, you shouldn't underestimate the power of connections. you understand?" Min Seong stroked your hair as he gave you the advice carefully, his voice was soft.

that little moment made you emotional, you couldn't tell why but it made you feel guilty and teary eyed. you embraced your brother tightly, burying your face into him and held him firmly

feeling your throat dry and form lumps , eyes and nose feeling itchy you felt warm tears pooling into your eyes.

"I'm so sorry Min Seong. I'm so sorry..." you cried into him, he was perplexed and stroked the back of your head as he hugged you back

"what are you so sorry for you idiot?" he chuckled. this was completely new, you never really showed your weaker and vulnerable self in front of him, even though he always knew how much you were in pain, you were never able to hide it well. your eyes were too transparent about your emotions.