Chapter 7: End of the year exams

A few months pass and it's the end of year, the end of the year exams are coming up and Lily has been spending a lot of time in the library and finally 'getting over' James. One day lily was walking into the library and went to find a charms book to revise when she sees James reading in a corner, "Hey Stranger" she said with a smile turning to look at the bookcase, James jumped and shut the book quickly "Oh hey" he said, "Why'd you throw the book?" She said looking at him, he looked guilty, "where'd you tell them you were" she said with an upwards nod then turning to look at the bookshelf, "Kitchens" he said calmly watching her whilst looking down. Lily grabs a book on charms and sits down on a spare seat near to his, "how come you're here, I didn't think you knew where the library was" she said opening her book, "Oh you know I found it one day" he said shakily "you followed me didn't you" she said looking at him in the corner of her eye, "yes, yes I did" said James nodding and opening his book, "besides this is a library." "That it is" she said turning her page. There was silence. Two hours pass and lily is finishing her second book, James fidgeted for the fifth time "How can you do that" he said watching her, "do what, read? easy" she said in reply, "no sit still and focus on one thing" he said, "I do it a lot" she said there was a pause. "Hey lils do you know-" James was asking before Lily got up put her book back and got a potions one out, she moved her chair closer to his and started to help him as well as reading. "Thank you" James whispers lily gives him a small smile.

A few days pass and it's the day of the exams, Lily was nervous not only about passing but if James got ninety two or higher then she'll have to go out with him. Everyone was nervous even James looked a bit nervous but mostly excited, Marlene kept laughing at lily. A couple hours later everyone had finished their exams and went back to class for the rest of the day. Excited and nervous about tomorrow everyone went to bed late for no one was tired. Lily was comforting some worried looking first years "It will be fine, it's going to be alright, everyone get like this at this time of year" she was saying. There was silence in the common rooms that night and one by one they all went to bed.