Chapter 2: Plaform 9 3/4

"- I'm telling you prongs that's her" said Sirius before Remus came over and butted in "Hey guys, what's up" Remus said. "Oh nothing just ta-" peter was saying until James said "We saw you over there, who were you talking to?" Sounding a bit jealous hoping it wasn't who he thought, "I bumped into lily on my way here that's all" Remus replied. " Lily as in Evans" said James sounding shocked but also happy. "What other lily do you know dude" said Peter, "he's got a point" said Sirius to James quietly.

Lily and Snape walked past and onto the train, she caught James' eye and gave a weak pity smile. She smiled at Marlene then Severus grabbed her arm pulled her onto the train and in a compartment before she got distracted and tried to speak to them. "Dude your staring at her again" said Peter to James, "I was not" he replied. "You were James, come on the train leaves in two minutes we have to find a seat quickly" said Marlene quickly and they got on the train.

"We have to find a seat quickly" said Remus, "We know moony you been telling us that for ten minutes" said James. " I think this ones free" said Sirius. "No it's not Pad foot, lily and snivel-us is in there" said Peter. "Shut up worm-tail they'll hear you" said Remus, "Too late for that, we heard you for the past five minutes" said Lily popping her head out the door. " come on, you can sit with us". "No they can't their griffindor" said Severus sulking, "yeah so is lily" said Marlene sitting down right next to him just to annoy him.

One by one they all sat down. Lily and Snape sat down next to the window on each side, Marlene sat next to Severus just to annoy him, Sirius sat next to her just to annoy him more, Peter sat on the floor because there wasn't enough room and he wanted to, Remus sat next to the door opposite Sirius so that when the trolley came he could get chocolate, leaving the only space left for James which was right between Lily and Remus. Severus was fuming at this and Lily could tell, she was trying so hard not to giggle but failed dismally, James seeing lily try to hide her laugh started to laugh because Lily's laugh was a contagious one, soon after everyone was laughing except Severus who was squished against the window from Marlene annoying him already.

It was a long train ride, mainly silence but an odd conversation here and there, Severus said nothing to lily, too annoyed to even mutter. James on the other hand wouldn't stop talking, he asked her out twice just on the train ride but she said no both times, the trolley came three times and Remus loaded his face with chocolate, which was understandable for him. Marlene had squished Severus into the window completely and now her and lily were talking, saying how much they can't wait to see the others and by others they mean Frank, Alice and Mary and after a long, what seemed to last hours train ride they finally got to Hogwarts and headed to the great hall for dinner and the welcome back speech served by the headmaster of Hogwarts school for witchcraft and wizardry, Albus Dumbledor.