The waiter serves us ice water and we look at the menu. After doing what normal people would do at a restaurant, the reality of how abnormal our relationship is hits me.

I sip my glass of wine and clear my throat.  "So I normally am all for privacy but I feel as though you should know that I am not doing this because being away from you has destroyed me, or really to benefit you in any way" I stop and see he is nodding and I take that as a sign to continue. 

"Melanie decided to stop by my apartment in Arizona the other day, and she told me everything or everything that she wanted to tell me. I want to first say, I don't support your behavior when we had been... Trying. But Melanie's treatment is on the line here, and I'm willing to try again if it is for the best for her."

"I entirely agree. after you had left, my mother gave me a strict talking to and I realized that not only had I insulted you by paying you to marry me, I also abused your trust in me by not taking it seriously, and never asked how you were doing, or how you were feeling about the situation" He apologizes. 

I nod "You must understand that before you there was only Anastasia, and she had been... Definitely one of my weaker moments. Before that, I had never had a serious relationship let alone a marriage? I am not saying this is an excuse for my actions, but I want you to understand that I am more than willing to try."

I stare out into the city lights and nod. "I am as well. With saying this, I want some ground rules set and I have some questions." He nods and I continue. "First, I have a life, yes Greyson I Nataza have a life as difficult as that may be for you to understand. But there is a publishing office of the same company I work for stationed here so my job won't be a problem." I breathe.

"The problem is you. You need to let me work, you can't control me. I will put my all into this, but you need to work on bettering yourself and bettering Melanie." 

"Of course, without a doubt. The reason we are doing this is for Melanie and to ensure that she can get the best chance at life. And she will." I realize that, even though he is a complete *ss, he loves his family, and in the end that says a h*ll of a lot more than most other things. 

I nod and sigh taking another sip of wine before looking at Greyson. "Hand it over".

He looks at me with a confused look. 

"I know you Greyson, give me the contract." He laughs and smiles at me and I return it. He hands over the envelope and I slip it under my clutch. "I'll read over it tonight and have it ready for you by tomorrow," I say.

He nods and grabs one of my hands. My eyes shoot up to him alarmed and I see him looking at me warmly. "I want to do this the right way Nataza. After you sign the contract when you are ready we can go pick out your engagement ring and the wedding rings. I'll have people pick up your stuff and of course,  I am assuming you will be bringing Beyer yourself?" I smile gently and nod at him. 

And just like that, the rest of dinner went by in a breeze. Making fun of the way we used to be, talking about our childhoods, and talking about our families and our businesses.