Chapter 3

'I'm up...I'm up,' Gina muttered as her alarm went off. She dragged herself up from her bed, and went straight to the bathroom. While Gina was doing her routine, she was also planning her to-do list for today inside her head. Getting out of the bathroom, she decided to put on a white cami top, a light brown blazer and black trousers. She also paired her outfit with a gold necklace, a thin dark brown belt and a pair of leather boots. Since Gina was not a big fan of makeup, she just kept it simple and neat, so she did not look like a zombie coming straight out of the Walking Dead.

After getting dressed, Gina made herself a toast and a cup of black coffee. She was enjoying her breakfast and reading Wuthering Heights when she got a call from her best friend, Emily. Gina picked up the call, but before she could answer, Emily half shouted, 'Gina! You told me you'd call me last night. I thought you were dead. Where are you?'

'Woah, easy there. I just overslept. It's not a big deal,' said Gina. Playfully rolling her eyes, she continued, 'and you're my mum or what?'

'Well, you bailed on me. You said you'd go to the pub with me last night. And...Oh My God!! Gina, you just missed some good things,' answered Emily.

'Ah huh...what did I miss?,' responded Gina.

'I saw the hottest group of boys last night. I'm telling you they're really hot, and I'm sure they're somewhat wealthy. Oh! And...,' said Emily before she was interrupted by Gina.

'Ok, Em. I'm gonna break you there before you start planning your wedding with one of them. And, are there any jobs for us there? Did you ask someone about it? Don't tell me you forget because I swea...,' babbled Gina.

Emily cut her best friend off, 'hey...now who needs to calm down huh?' Emily continued, 'I asked the bartender there. They have 2 part-time jobs for us as waitresses. We need to be there before midday today for an interview.'

'Great! I'm finishing my breakfast now. We can go now,' answered Gina.

'Well, I just got my coffee. I'm on my way to your room. You'd better make up for bailing last night by making me a toast. And then we can go,' said Emily,

'Fine! Get your ass over here,' Said Gina before hanging up the call.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on her door. Georgina got up from her desk and walked to the door. Opening her door, Gina met with sleepy Emily yawning in front of her room.

Gina was about to open her mouth to say something, but she was interrupted by Emily grumpily saying, 'Don't say anything. My coffee hasn't kicked in yet, so you're not allowed to say anything.'

'But I just talked to you on the phone a minute ago,' said Gina.

'That doesn't count since I was the one calling you,' responded Emily.

Georgina jokingly said, 'Uhhh...I really can't keep up with the swing of your emotion, Em.'

Gina walked to the kitchen and grabbed a toast setting it in front of Emily. 'There you go, your 'making-up-for-bailing' toast,' said Gina.

'Thanks, to be honest, I just didn't do the grocery last night. Getting mad is just my excuse to eat from your fridge,' happily said Emily.

Gina rolled her eyes playfully and told her best friend, 'shut up and eat!'

There was a long and comfortable silence as Emily was enjoying her breakfast, and Georgina continued reading her book. As soon as Emily finished her meal, she suddenly spoke, 'Oh! You didn't let me finish my story about the boys at the pub.'

Georgina groaned in annoyance but listened to her friend telling a story anyway.

'Well, I found out that they were members of the Riot Club. There are no more than 10 members each year, and guess what...it doesn't open for the application like other clubs. The only way to get in is by invitation from one of the members,' said Emily excitedly. 'And in order to get invited, you had to attend one of the best schools, like Eton or Westminster. Oh! And you have to be wealthy too, like the old money' continued Emily.

Georgina just sat there listening to her friend with her mouth opened in disbelief. 'Oh God! You got all that information last night?,' asked gina.

'It's not that hard Gina. I got that from a boy who tried to get in the club last year. Well he was told by the member that if he had to ask, he was not the right sort. By the way, they come to this pub regularly' answered Emily.

'Well, that member is really a nice guy I'm sure,' said Gina sarcastically.

'Anyway so, shall we go now?,' asked Emily as she grabbed her jacket and bag waiting for Gina to answer.

Gina also got up from her chair and shoved her wallet and a book inside her tote bag. 'Yeah let's go,' answered Georgina.

With the information she got, Gina was sure she had to deal with some pains in the ass if she got the job.