Chapter 24: Lunar Lunacy

Start from the beginning

" Everyone, if I could have your attention please. I think there is a reasonable way to settle this. James, I believe as the birthday boy, you should be captain of one of the teams. You should also choose the captain of the other team."

" I want to play opposite Harry, so he can captain the other team."

" Very well. Now, each of you choose a player and state their position on your team. That should settle the argument don't you think."

" Yes, Professor."

" Now, James why don't you start."

James and Harry looked at the assembled players, mentally making choices about who would be best in the different positions. James then made the first choice.

" I want Lily for my Seeker."

" I'll have Ron as my Keeper."

" Dad, you can be my Keeper."

" Ginny for Beater."

" Remus for a Chaser."

" Professor Dumbledore for my other Beater."

" Sirius for a Beater."

" 'Mione, you can be a Chaser."

" So can you, Peter."

" That leaves Gaerwyn for one of my Chasers."

" Aunt Lolide, I want you as my other Beater."

" So, Minh, you're my last Chaser."

The two teams decided, they all gathered brooms and spelled their clothes into different colours. Dumbledore strode to the centre of the pitch with the box of quidditch balls and opened it up.

" As Peeves is commentating, that leaves Lady Ravenclaw to be our referee. As she can't actually touch the balls, I will set them loose. I want us to have a nice, fair game, and I don't want to see any injuries."

The two teams rose into the air, Harry's team made up of the time travellers, Minh, Gaerwyn and the headmaster. James' team, at the other end of the pitch, had all of his Marauder friends, his father, and his aunt. The game started well, and soon the teams were worked up into a frenzy. The game was fast paced, and the old headmaster was surprisingly agile on a broom. Lolide, who had never flown before, did surprisingly well, showing she had a natural talent for flying.

The game finally ended several hours later by Harry, who caught the snitch to bring an end to the game. James' team won overall, as they had scored significantly more goals. Harry saw that his side would never recover, and as they were starting to lose the light it was getting ever more difficult to see the snitch. When he spotted a shimmering ball of gold, he ended the game and the players headed back down to the pitch. As the group headed back up to the castle, the animagi hung back a bit to discuss the arrangements for the next full moon. So far, they had stayed inside the forest, but a few of them were eager to venture further away. As the group walked, Sirius turned and walked backwards so he could see the rest as he spoke to them.

" So, are we going to explore Hogwarts next month, then?" he asked.

" I'm not so sure," Harry argued, " I mean, the risk of being caught is so much greater. And if we lose control of Remus he could end up hurting any students that happen to be out of bed. You know as well as I do that we're not the only ones who go wandering the school at night. The Astronomy Tower is always full of people. If Remus ran amok there, it could be really bad."

" We'll be fine," James reassured, " We've been at this for a while now. I think we can deal with it. And if push comes to shove, you can always pounce on him, Harry."