Chapter 14: Dreams and Threats

Start from the beginning

*Simbi? Nirah? I need a favour*

*What do you want us to do, Harry?*

*Scare Malfoy. You don't have to bite him, just scare him a little*

*This should be fun*

*That it will*

The two snakes disentangled themselves from Harry's wrists and slithered across the floor towards a trembling Malfoy. The whole room had frozen in shock when Harry had spoken Parseltongue. It was a well known fact that Voldemort was the only Parselmouth of that time, so it erased any doubts from the minds of the onlookers that this was in fact the real Dark Lord. As Simbi and Nirah started circling Lucius, the boy started to shake violently. Simbi slipped around his throat and nipped him a little, making sure not to break the skin. After a few minutes, the pair retreated to their place on Harry's wrists and the boy started to speak again.

" If I wasn't in Hogwarts I would have punished you more severely. Our next meeting will not be pleasant."

" Y-yes m-m-my Lord."

" Lucius? Don't stutter."

" S-sorry my Lord."

" You will be, Lucius, you will be."

That said, Harry waved his hand and he was surrounded by a cloud of green and silver smoke. Snapping his fingers, a loud *pop* sounded, and he turned himself invisible before he could be spotted. When the smoke cleared, there was pandemonium in the room when everyone saw that Voldemort had gone. Lucius stood up trembling and made it as far as the nearest chair before collapsing in a boneless heap. Some of the younger students were running around screaming, and the older ones looked rather pale. Those from Light families who had remained in the room looked the most shaken, and Harry felt a pang of guilt for scaring them like that. While everyone was distracted, he went over to the corner where he saw the faint outline of where Sev's invisibility charm was wearing off and grabbed his friend by the arm, quickly propelling him up the stairs and into his room. As soon as the door was locked behind him, Harry removed the spells from both of them and the pair burst out laughing. Harry was glad of the permanent silencing spell he kept on his room; otherwise they would have alerted the other Slytherins. When Harry looked at his friend, he saw Sev had tears of mirth trickling down his cheeks.

" Harry, that was priceless."

" I know. Did you see the look on Lucius Malfoy's face?"

" Yeah, I'll treasure that memory for the rest of my life."

" Me too. I'll file it away in my head along with a rather prominent memory of my old school rival being turned into a bouncing white ferret."

" A ferret? A bouncing one at that?"

" Yup, that was a good memory. Ask Ron about it sometime."

" I will. Anyway, you never told me you were a parselmouth."

" You never asked. And it never came up."

" Can I see your snakes?"

" Sure."

*Simbi, Nirah, come and say hello to Sev*

~Hello, Sev~

~Hi Sev~

The young boy started when he heard the voices in his head, and raised one eyebrow at his friend.

" They're telepathic," Harry explained, " They are magical coral snakes. A mated pair. Simbi is the male, and Nirah the female."

" Magical? In what way?"

" Well, being a mated pair, they can't be separated for long or they die. I have a confession, actually. Over the Christmas holidays I put Nirah in your trunk so she could keep an eye on you. I had to put a charm on her so she wouldn't die from being separated from Simbi, but it was only temporary. Any longer than the Christmas holidays and the charm would have worn off. They also have magic destroying poison. If they bite a witch or wizard, the poison destroys their magic, leaving them like squibs. As a matter of fact, I tried it out on Lucius' grandfather Tiberius, and it worked like a charm."