A girl stood by the outside of my classroom. She stopped me. "Are you Beatrice?"

Oh not again. I couldn't do this again. I couldn't deal with one more person attacking me because of my arrangement with Ryder. Once was enough.

I stared at the girl, debating just lying to her but with my odds she'd find out and have more of a reason to attack me. "Yes..."

She let out a long breath, a frantic look plastered on her face. "I swear I didn't know he had a girlfriend!" She stayed a safe distance from me, probably hearing what happened to that other girl.

Oh, so this is about Ryder. Perfect. "I'm not his-"

She cut me off without even realizing, too panicked over the whole situation. "I swear, I didn't know. If I'd known he had a girlfriend I would have never slept with him."

"It's okay-" I tried again to explain that I wasn't Ryder's girlfriend but she kept going.

I couldn't care less who Ryder slept with, that's his business. Just because we agreed to play this silly game doesn't mean we have to be exclusive. I mean I spend most of my nights with a different guy in my bed telling me how much he loves me. Granted he may be inside a book but that's beside the point.

She didn't even give me a chance to answer as she continued, guilt etched into her features. Poor girl. She was going crazy about this and she didn't even do anything wrong. "You know, we were just talking, which led to flirting, which led to hooking up and he never once mentioned a girlfriend so I assumed he was single and then I saw you hanging around him a lot so I started asking around about you. If I'd known, I would have never done it, I swear." She took a breath, the only break in her entire monologue. I don't even think she breaker between words. "Klaus didn't tell me he had a girlfriend."

I choked on my own saliva. "Who?"

Ew. Ew. Ew. No. She did not really think-

Oh that's so gross.

She let out a strangled noise as she paced hurriedly around, waving her hands around like a maniac. "Oh no! You're upset. I didn't mean to make you upset." She slapped herself on the forehead. "I'm so stupid! This isn't how you tell someone their boyfriend cheated on them. Here I am thinking all about myself and not about how you would feel. I'm so-"

I grabbed her shoulders to get her to stop. "Klaus is my brother."

This has happened far more times than I would ever like to admit. I don't know how many times we've been told 'we're a cute couple' by random people in the store. Meanwhile, Sonny thinks it's the funniest thing in the entire world.

That is so gross.

She stilled, her eyes wide like a deer caught in the headlights. "He's your what?" The first sentence she'd said in a rational voice.

"Brother." He is my brother.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone thought I was dating Klaus, I'd finally be able to afford every book on my TBR.

She took a long breath. "So he doesn't have a girlfriend?"

I shook my head.

"So he's single?" There was a slight smile to her voice that I wasn't a fan of.

I already knew more about my brothers sex life than I ever wanted to and if she starts asking me for pointers and tips like all the other girls, I may just fling myself off the side of a building. That is never something I ever wanted to think about. I didn't even want to know that she slept with him, that was already way too much knowledge.