. * ˚✴ chapter 3 ✴˚ * .

"You must be the new girl."

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

You sigh, rubbing the back of your neck. 8th grade all over again. "Yeah. Yeah, I am." They nodded, seemingly comforted. "What's your name?"

"Y-"

"Wait! Don't say it!" The other female girl interrupted you. You frown, confused. She glanced around. "Later," she whispered. You nod, confused, but willing to listen. Then footsteps proceeded up the stairs, and the girls tensed again. You turned around to see your mom's head pop up. "Hey honey, where do I put your-" She stopped mid-sentence when she noticed the girls. "Hi! Are you their roommates?" They nodded slowly. "That's great! Y-" 

"Wait, mom, don't say my name yet please."

"Oh...kay?" She frowned but shrugged it off. "Well, I think it's time for me to get going, pumpkin." You feel sadness well up inside you. Don't leave me, you thought. But your mouth said otherwise. "Okay." 

As you look into your mother's eyes, you pick out all the different emotions spiraling in her mind. Happiness, pride... and regret, sadness, disappointment. You wonder why as Sharon hugs you goodbye. You both let go of the hug and she ruffled your hair playfully. "Your father would be so proud," she whispered in your ear. Your face froze, and you didn't know what to say except, "Okay." You feel tears pricking your eyes. You only nod once you get back down the stairs at the door; you were too worried you would burst into tears. Your mother smiled sadly but genuinely, and opened the door. She walked out, leaving your presence, and the cabin. You stood there, watching. You knew you would miss her. But what you didn't know... was that you would never see her again.

♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦ ✴ ♦

hiiiii short chapter pog- also don't forget to subscribe to technoblade or i will steal your kneecaps. don't forget to hydrate and eat <3