Chapter 4: Baths, apologies and hugs

Start from the beginning

Though the bath had done wonders earlier, it merley numbed the pain and helped the fever a little bit temporarily. The awful feelings swarmed my senses about 2 and a half hours later. The heat boiling in my head and chest, the excruciating back pain and pounding headache returned with no mercy. Though the throat pain finally left, it was replaced with a tingle in my arms, a small pain behind the static feeling. So in other words, I'm in hell..

I'm begging for no one to come up to my room. I'm not entirely sure why though, I'd usually love the company after a long day of being cooped up in my room, but I can't bring myself to get happy at the thought of someone coming to check on me. I sink my face into my pillow, sadness taking over me.

KNOCK KNOCK!! "Oh sweet Jesus!!" I sit up, coughs leaving my mouth. My breathing goes a little faster at the sudden noise emanating through the room. I clear my throat. "W-who is it?" I called out. "It's Uraraka, I have some soup for you." I sigh, guilt pulling at my chest. Memories of this morning flooding my mind. I place my face into my hands, dragging my hands hard against my face, pulling at my skin. I sigh. "Okay. One second." I call out softly. I grab the blanket resting on my feet and pull it up, wrapping it around my body, hiding any random features from sigh. "Come in." My words come out a bit raspier than I wanted.

The door clicks and squeaks as it opens. Uraraka walks in slowly with a steaming pour of soup on a plate. I watch her as she walks over next to my bed. She places down the plate, I look down at it, I see a bunch of crackers surrounding the bowl. "I thought you'd like some crackers with it, maybe you can dip them in or crush them into the soup." Uraraka says to me, pulling my attention to her, a smile plastered on her face. "Thank you." I look down at where my legs should be, analyzing the fabric, I don't want to look her in the eye.

"So..Um. I wanted to talk to you." I hear her say warily. I freeze at the words, she hates me. She's going to yell at me. Scream at me. Does she know about everything?? "O-okay.." I begin to shake a bit, terrified of what she'll say. "I'm worried for you Deku." My eyes widen at that statement. Wait what? She's worried? No harsh words? I looked up at her, shocked. She takes a deep breath. "You've been acting weird over the past week. First you started training non stop, passing out from working too much. Then you started looking sick, and in pain. The next day you passed out after saying your back had hurt. You woke up with a fever, and to top it all off, you've been acting more distant from us. And.. This morning you panicked about your gloves. I know I overstepped, but I couldn't help but worry about the way you acted. You seemed scared, Deku. I'm worried for you. Please, talk to me. Is there something going on? Is someone hurting you, or are you hurting yourself.?" I see tears starting to flow down her cheeks. "No! I'm not hurting myself at all." I try to assure her quickly, I don't want her thinking that. "I'm safe, Uraraka. And I'm sorry I've been worrying you so much. I just.." I trail off, trying to think of an excuse. She looks at me with worry and anticipation. "I've been stressing myself out with training. I guess I just feel weak, and I've been pushing myself harder. I guess the thoughts driving me were getting out of hand and I distanced myself from you guys a bit." I finished, It wasn't really a fib, I really was feeling a little like that. But it wasn't too bad that she'd get the teachers involved. "Oh Deku.." Uraraka says softly, she leans down, hugging me lightly. I tense for a second, before melting in the hug. I return the gesture, hugging back. "It's okay Deku. But please don't push yourself too hard, it's not good for you. Though I think it's a little too late to say that." She chuckles shakily. "Yeah" I chuckle as well. "I'm sorry." I pull away from the hug. She backs up a little, smiling softly. "Well. I should get going. Dinner will be ready soon, and you need to eat up." She says, a hand reaching to my head, she ruffles my hair. "Yea, thank you for the soup Uraraka-san." I smile at her. "No problem!" She walks over to the door stepping out. "I hope you feel better soon Deku, and make sure you get lots of rest." "Alright, I'll try." I rub the back of my head. And with that she walks out, closing the door behind her.

I sigh, realizing I was holding my breath. I hate hiding this from her, but I can't tell her, I don't want her to get involved in this. I unravel the blanket from my arms, freeing them completely. I grab the plate and place it on my lap, the smell of the warm soup hits my nose. I smile, well, time to eat!

Uraraka's pov:

I walk out of his room, closing the door. I let out a sigh. That took a lot of my energy. I begin to walk towards the elevator, thinking about what just happened. I really hope he listens to me. There's one thing that's bugging me the most though. And that's the fact that I felt weird bumps on Deku's back.

I wanted to write more for this chapter but I felt I should end it there. My apologies for not being as active, I've been busy with commissions and now I'll be busy with a bunch of appointments.😅 But this won't stop me from writing!! HAHA!! 

I'm going to try and write longer chapters so it'll take me longer to publish, but I'll try to write as much as I can!

Thank you so much for reading!! I appreciate every single one of you, and I hope ya'll have a great day!! <3