Chapter 14

...They had laid Justice Wargrave's body on his bed and covered him with a sheet.

They then left the room and sat down at the dinner table looking at each other.

After a moment of silence, Mr. Blore spoke: "So, what do we do now?"

Miss Claythrone let out a long breath, then suggested: "I will make dinner. There is no need for us to starve."

With that, she strolled out of the dining room and into the kitchen. The men watched her leave.

"I will go and help her." Lombard declared. He tried to get up, but Mr. Blore stopped him.

"Oh, No. You stay. We either stay in groups or alone. Two people cannot be left together. No. Stay here or we will all go and help."

"Well, then let us go." Lombard replied. The two men hurried out of the room, eyeing each other.

Dr. Armstrong sat alone at the dining table. He feared he was going insane-just like his patients! He could no longer take the stress of the situation. He had to do something...

The trio  walked from the kitchen into the dining room, each carrying a few cans of tongue and liver.

"Ugh. I cannot wait to get off of this island and eat something other than organs." Miss Claythorne complained.

The others eyed her suspiciously.

"Oh, and the murders, of course. I was... just trying to liven up the mood..."

Armstrong scoffed. "I have a better idea to liven up the mood." He help up a few bottles of alcohol.

Lombard grinned. "I like your style."

Each of the guests grabbed a bottle and began to get drunk like it was the last night of their lives. (And for some, it was.)

---

Hours have passed, and the four were nearly ready to finish drinking. They separated themselves throughout the room: Blore and Armstrong near the fire, drinking their fears away,  and Lombard and Claythorne slow-dancing to a soft music disc.

Armstrong stared at the duo on the opposite side of the room. He began to think about the mysterious hosts. He then quickly deduced to Blore: "It has to be them! Mr. and Mrs. Owen! Look at them!"

Blore eyed the duo, then turned to Armstrong.
"Looks like someone is letting the alcohol get to them."

Dr. Armstrong shot Blore an unkind look.

"I am going outside!" Armstrong concluded.

"Good riddance." Blore mumbled.

The three watched as Armstrong left the room. Soon after, Miss Claythrone decided to go to bed.

"I will accompany you to your room." Lombard said.

"So will I." Blore said quickly, making sure that his group rule is being followed.

The three trudged upstairs, just beginning to suffer the consequences of ingesting alcohol.

Miss Claythorne entered her room.

"Good night, Vera." Lombard whispered, then walked off to his room.

"Good night, Blore." Lombard spoke.

"Good night to you, Lombard." Blore added.

—-
Armstrong took a while to reach the edge near the sea. He saw a black figure standing there, whom he assumed was the Judge. But...when did the Judge's hunched back suddenly straighten? Also, why is he wearing his wig?

Armstrong approached the figure and, before he could say anything, the Judge spoke:

"Assumed I was the judge?"

Armstrong deduced it was not Wargrave. He sat there, dumbfounded.

"Oh, please. For a doctor, you aren't very smart. You plan was terrible!"

The voice was not as commanding as the Judge's, it was more high-pitched.

"...Mary?..." Armstrong questioned, terrified.

The voice laughed.

Armstrong suddenly felt his body being violently pushed forward. He fell. Fell right into the crashing waves, and was finished.