“Alright fine but if you hate me don’t tell me I didn’t tell you so” I gulped, this is it. This is secret I’ve been keeping for 2 nearly 3 years, “When Ella and I were 16, we had sex on our sixteenth birthday and um, the condom split and um she got pregnant but she miscarried the day we were going to tell you guys” My mum looked shocked, I wanted to run but I was frozen to my seat. The secret was out and there was no going back. In case you’re wondering both Ella and I share the same birthday, we’re both August 25 babies. Basically we’ve been best friends since nappies.

“Michael Parsons, how could you be so reckless? You were sixteen years old and you got a girl pregnant? Are you freaking insane?” My mum screeched, uh oh. This wasn’t going to be good. I was done for.

Ella’s POV

After Micky walked off, I was lost. I loved hearing his voice again, smelling his smell and feeling that lingering touch. Maybe I was delusional for turning him down again since I was still so badly in love with him but I couldn’t have that heart break again. I wouldn’t. He’s the past and he should stay there but I couldn’t help but want him here in the future.

   I walked towards Micky’s mums’ house. I needed her advice, I just hoped Micky wasn’t there, you might be wondering why I’m going to Micky’s mum instead of my own but my parents didn’t give a crap after I moved out. They still had Dale, my brother but I knew they couldn’t wait until he was old enough to be kicked out. If they didn’t like us then why the frick have us? It puzzled everyone I spoke to especially when they hated us so much. They barely showed us any attention as kids, we got most of it from our grandparents but lately my own grandparents haven’t really been taking an interest in me, I know they are old, late 70s but they only have Dale and I, what could seriously be taking up their time? Maybe I should just let it go since I wouldn’t find out any answers soon. My family were like that, they were secluded. They didn’t seem to tell anyone until the last minute, when things were about to go awry. Maybe that’s why I’m so messed up. Maybe it’s the reason why I can’t have many things because I end up being unreasonable. I’m just messed up.

   I walked up to Micky’s mums’ door and knocked. I just hoped and prayed that Micky wasn’t here because no matter how badly I wanted him back, I couldn’t and I wouldn’t. Steve answered the door.

“Carol’s in the dining room with Micky” Crap! He was here. Of course he’s here Ella; it’s his parents’ house. Where else do you think he’d be? On the moon? Gr, I need to stop arguing with myself mentally before I really do turn mental.

“I’ll come back when he’s not here” I sighed. I was defeated. I had no idea what to do so I turned and went to walk away from Steve when he said;

“If you really need to Carol, I’ll distract Micky and let you and Carol talk out in the veranda. I can see it’s important but Ella, do what your heart tells you otherwise it’ll eat you alive”

“Thank you Steve. Thank you for being my extended family when mine weren’t there and thank you for everything. You have really good advice at times but you know me and my stubbornness I could never follow what my heart tells me to do. I’m just that kind of girl but how am I going to get by Micky?”

“Go round the side gate and I’ll get Carol out as soon as I can. Ella, don’t thank us. Carol and I love you so it’s no bother but about the whole Micky situation just do what you think is right. Look I know he broke up with you for the x factor but you should know that when he was romantically linked to anyone in the papers, he phoned me crying at points. He still loves you Ella and when the papers lied, he hurt just like you hurt. Ella when I saw you in your work, you weren’t the normal happy Ella you normally are, instead you were this frail, unhappy Ella and I know you still cry at night. I know that because you’ve been through so much, it’s just hard to throw away. Just think about things a little and do what’s right” His words had meaning. However, Micky was crying? Did I really mean that much to him? What’s the point though, he ended things. He broke me in way more ways than one. Although we were together for 2 years before he broke it off, it felt like we were married. It only felt like that because we could argue, we could love and we had wonderful memories so the break up to me felt like a divorce. I know that’ll make no sense to some people but to me it felt real and it felt like a good way to describe the situation. Most people after a break up can move on after a year but a married person, after a divorce they’re a mess. I saw what my parents were like first hand. I might’ve only have been 5 but I saw how they acted and I saw how sour they actually were at times. Maybe I’m just comparing this to that because I feels like forever. It feels like years since Micky and I got together, like we were actually dating from around the age we met.