Chapter 31

"Rollins?" Van Eck's voice was confused as Inej heard his chains move. 

Inej had covered her face with her hood and she watched Kaz stride forward and motion for Jesper to fabricate the walls. Wylan then splashed some chemicals on it, so the walls wouldn't break and no sound would leak through. 

"What's going on?" Van Eck's voice was harsh now, confused too. 

"Van Eck?" Rollins whimpered. Then Kaz spoke. 

"Good evening, merch rat. Fancy a meeting with death tonight? Because the Shu contacts and Pekka Rollins are completely useless pieces of trash. " Kaz's voice was icy and Inej watched him carefully. 
Nikolai felt like leaping out and shouting "Suprise!" but he knew that the time was not right and he had to hold on to the demon for a few more minutes. 

"Though tonight should be entertaining. " Inej knew that for Kaz, thrill and the knowledge that he knew what they didn't was entertaining. She rolled her eyes at Kaz, when returned to glaring at Van Eck, whose face was lit by a very weak bonelight, giving him the appearance of a ghost. 

They all stepped back, leaving Van Eck covering with a sprawling Pekka Rollins and Nikolai let the demon loose. 
Zoya let loose a gust of wind that wrapped around Van Eck and Pekka Rollins. Van Eck looked ghastly and he had completely froze, his hand half out in an attempt to cover his eyes. 

The demon growled and started to lunge at the people in front of him, but Nikolai held tight reins on him, knowing that in the world, there are bad as well as good, and those you love along with those you hate. 

Pekka Rollins had wet himself and was half faint, moaning in comparisons to Van Eck's squealing. 

Wylan almost felt pleased that he was apart of this but he was too distracted by the demon, that the Ravakan king had become. The demon was ghastly but he was stabilized by the fact that things are often not what it appeared to be. 

Zoya lifted Van Eck and Pekka Rollins, still wailing up towards the low damp ceiling. She may have let their sides bump into the walls a couple of times. 

Unfortunately, for Kaz, they had soon passed out from the flight and he felt that firey rawness inside of him was he watched Nikolai faint from the effects of the vial that Wylan had made and Zoya catch him. 

Jesper, Wylan, Nina and Inej blindfolded and bound the two men and soon they were carrying them out the room and into the dark city that was Ketterdam.