Twelth Flame: Crimson Moon

Flashback brought to you by chibi Y/N using his flames to cook with chibi Hinawa

Asakusa, Tokyo, Year 196

Y/N: I come for one day from the Academy and this happens! Why so many people are turning Infernal?!

You had managed to put to rest another Infernal, but you were consuming all the oxygen you needed. Luckily, there weren't any Infernal in the area and your back was covered by many hikeshi, so hopefully your job was finished. However, you realized you had yet to see Konro and Beni. You hadn't seen them since the first bell and you were worried about their health. You had been extremely lucky, because you had with you many pyrokinets, so the risk of tephrosis was low, even after putting to rest the number of Infernals you had, but they were alone. Even if they were massively stronger than you, being many years older, you picked up the pace, stopping for breath, until you found them.

Y/N: Beni! Kon...ro?

Konro was slumped on the wall, breathing heavily and Beni was in front of him.

Konro: There you are. I'm sorry you had to see this.

Y/N: Konro! Please, don't die on me!

Beni: He isn't dying you dumbass. He is only overheated, right...?

Finally, the night reached its end. The 4th Brigade arrived and when Konro was patched, you realized your greatest fear could realize today. You could lose Konro, the wholesome older brother everyone would love to have.

Flashback end

Beni: Huh? What the hell is happening?

On the streets, there was a loud ruckus and you soon understood why. People were fighting each others, blaming how the one they were beating did something wrong to them. After a man flied next to Beni, the Fire Soldier decided to unleash the ultimate interrogation method. The choke.

Beni: Are you sure he is the one?

Chocking Man: No doubts...

Y/N: So many misunderstanding in a night. It must be the work of someone's ability. The same one who changed the faces of Obi and Hinawa.

Beni:  This is the same thing I went through earlier tonight.

Y/N: We have to find that shapeshifting fox. Let's go Ben-

An explosion cut you off. Someone turning Infernal was only the rotten cherry at the top of the gross cake someone was baking, but it was obviously going according to the plan of a stranger, or strangers. Following that fire, other scream of people near Infernals were heard in the night.

Beni: Not an Infernal now!

Y/N: It's just like two years ago...

Everywhere we turned, people were panicking, scared for their life and screaming for a saviour. Beni had killed an Infernal and so did you, but you two had to divide your job better.

Random Man: Waka! There are Infernals over there, too! We can't stop them anymore by ourselves!

Beni: I'll go see that one! Y/N, you'll deal with that part of Asakusa!

Y/N: Understood! Try not to die, Beni!

Beni: That goes twice for you!

You smiled at him and flied away after sprouting your wings. It's always beautiful to see someone caring for you and Beni was no exception. Even if he was a brattish young man, he cared for everyone here, in spite of his unempathic behaviour. You spotted Shinra flying, but at the same time you saw a White Clad holding a flame bow, ready to hit him. He seemed to spot her too, because his pace slowed a bit. You ignited your hands and went as fast as you could in order to shield your rookie. However, you forgot how to slow down and you ended up striking through a roof.