Eleventh Flame: Sun Wheel

After Kantaro's death, the festival didn't end. Instead, pyrokinets used their 3rd generation powers to unleash loud yet beautiful fireworks.

Y/N: Captain,why don't we help with the rebuilding? While they're building, Beni won't talk a bit about the investigation.

Obi: Good idea. Everybody at work!

Everyone: Yessir!

All the 8th Brigade started doing what they could do at their best. Shinra was a crane, moving heavy building materials where they were supposed to be. The Captain's strong arms far surpassed the Asakusans' expectations, while Hinawa's precision with pistols and guns was visible even in his use of the nail gun.
Maki's strength made men reconsider their masculinity, while Tamaki's lucky lecher lure activated once again, unabling people to focus on their work. It may have been your imagination, but you swear you saw girls having heart in eyes, too. Arthur was welding what the welder's flame weren't able to thanks to his Minixcalibur, whereas you were busy doing the most you could, lifting heavy debris or burning completely the bases of houses far too damaged to be used again.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Shinra breakdancing with his fire powers

It was the end of the day, which meant the works were finished for today. You were in the room with Konro and Beni, the latter busy changing the bandages Konro had to use because of his tephrosis.

Y/N: Konro?

He hummed in response, but he knew what you were about to ask, since he tensed a little.

Y/N: How is it?

Konro: Same as always, but I learnt not too dwell too much on it.

Y/N: Beni, why don't you help us in the investigation? You'd be an important key in our mission.

Beni didn't answer, but Konro spoke for him.

Konro: You didn't become a Captain just by force.

Beni: If you were the Boss, would you do it?

Y/N: Beni, I don't want to force you to help us, just, please. Your help would be the hand we need now.

Beni didn't speak for some time, but he was in a more calm mood, not the one you had seen this morning. You didn't know if it was the familiar air in the room or the fact you were the one asking, but you were sure you had seen him grow more fond of the 8th.

Beni: We'll collaborate. I don't dislike your guys.

Y/N: Amazing! Now, Beni, pass me the bandages.

Beni: Huh? Don't you remember the last time you patched him? How the bandages lasted only ten minutes?

Y/N: It was an eternity ago! I was only a ten years old! And from that time, you didn't let me patch him!

Beni: For a good reason.

You had enough. You sprinted against Beni, tooking the bandages from the basket beside him. He was ready to steal them from you, but you were already patching Konro.

Y/N: Now you can't touch me. You'll risk hurting Konro...

Beni: Brat...

Konro suddenly started chuckling, before his laughing transformed in an outburst, confusing both you and Beni.

Konro: This brings me so much memories. I remember you being the nemesis of each other.

Beni: I don't think nemesis are foes unable to hurt their opponents.