Office Tension (Jeongyeon)

- This report should have beeing done for yesterday! How much timedoes it takes for you to finish it?!

A classic Thursday, my boss scolding at me with her motherly tone, because I took my time on a file she gave me this morning.

- I'm sorry Mrs Yoo, I'll do my best to finish it before tomorrow.

- Fine. Don't lose too much time.

- I'll just go take a mint tea at the machine and after that nopause until I've finished.

- Good. Send it to me by email right away when it's done.

- I'll do.

I work in a big service company, Stars Box Inc., in the unity based in Bangkok, Thaïland, but most of the staff members are foreigner. I'm from Belgium, many of my collegues come from India and our staff leader Mrs Yoo Jeongyeon is korean. She's easily stressed and she carries so much tension all over the open space we work in, that some of my collegues joke about the fact that she could create a surge on the network.

The company sales large containers for other big company. My job here is to do the contacts with some of those costumers when they want to send a big amont of products, and so every month I have to do a detailled report of all the containers we used for all those shippings with the exact quantities of all the products. I'm not the only one to do that since my three collegues in the same zone of the open space have themselfs the same fonctions as me.

But recently Mrs Yoo is more tensed than usually. All the week she had been on this state. Honestly I'm not mad at her she receive so much pressure from Mr Hwang, her boss, the chief of the commercial department, that I can't blame her when she comes to scold me. To be the most honest I'm worried for her.

I got back from the vending machine with a hot mint tea and resumed right away the report I'm was on.

- Honestly, man. How can you take that so easily, she came to youwith such a mother tone, said one of my collegues.

- Women with this kind of position in a company are this way,Rajesh. If she made it there it's because she had to show that she'sa tough one. Even for men these kind of fonction needs big balls todeal with.

- Sure it is. Just another question and I'll let you workpeacefully since you have that "big report" to wrote. Areyou that late on it?

- No, that's why I'm ok with her scolding me, because I know thatin one hour more the report will be finished.

- Are you planning to stay late tonight again, even if you don'tneed it?

- I think I'm going to take time to work on other stuffs.

- Ok. You need some company?

- I'm good on my own, plus you have a family Raj'. Taking timewith your wife and kids it's more important then giving company to acollegue.

- As you wish. You know where to find me if you need.

- Yeah, don't worry.

He tapped on my shoulder and got back to his work.

6 pm, I'm still at my computer. The report has been sended few hours before but I'm arranging some things to help the organisation on the server. Mrs Yoo never really notice that, but I'm trying to ease the searching of the files by creating an interface on the server and so make it more like a data base. It's not that hard but it takes time and since me and my collegues are always dealing with the current stuff we don't have much time to take back on that and organise a general classification of all the shipping documents we deal with.