8. Monarch

Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴏɴᴀʀᴄʜ ᴘᴀʀᴋ ᴊɪᴍɪɴ ᴇxᴘʀᴇssᴇs ʜɪs ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ʜᴀɴᴅsᴏᴍᴇ, ᴊᴇᴏɴ ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ.

Jimin paced through the grand corridor towards the royal guard's quarter. His pink and white hanbok trailed behind him and his royal robe lapped against the freshly cleaned rug. His feet skewed so suddenly as he saw a young boy in his blue hanbok who was right outside in the garden picking orchids.

"Your Majesty," The attendant bowed and left the monarch alone as Jimin dismissed him voicelessly and stepped into the warm sunlight. His black hair shone vibrantly and his skin glowed as he moved closer to the oblivious boy with no care in the world. "Do you like orchids?" Jimin asked in the softest tone and Jungkook turned around, his face marred with a messy streak of pollen juice from the flower across his chin.

"Milord," Jungkook bowed his head and stepped away while leveling up with his eyes on the ground.

"Milord, what? I asked you a question." Jimin asked, a glint of mischievousness in his eyes as though he knew that it would make the boy's cheeks go red.

"I- I am sorry. I won't pluck flowers again." Jungkook replied, his eyes threatening to water. How pathetic would he look if he cried in front of the king? The boy had been brought into the castle along with his disabled father who served the royal army for years. The idea was that Jungkook would take over his position after the training. The king hadn't the idea of the boy being so young. It wasn't like the royal guards weren't young, it was more of Jungkook was really different from what the king had seen.

"Hey," the king stepped closer and Jungkook remained steady, guarding his legs on the garden like a bee on honey. "I told you you to not be afraid of me. Do you still think I will punish you for something so trivial such as plucking flowers?" Jimin asked.

"Milord, it's not about that," Jungkook opposed, and Jimin knew as a matter of factly that the boy had never presented his point of view on anything before, except apologizing for everything he did. "I am curious about what makes you talk to me when the staff is looking at us." Jimin looked around and the petrified people stumbled to get out of the way to escape the king's survey.

"I am worried for your reputation, milord."

Jimin was stunned at the words and peered at the back of the young, yet honed boy's retreating figure. He didn't know that Jungkook also thought about him. Turning around, he recommenced his walk towards the guards' quarter.

The king believed that he owed a lot to the knights who fought for the country and sacrificed their lives without blinking. Enrolling the defense army was an intimate exercise for him. He would handpick each one of them and all of the guards and soldiers were allowed to approach him anytime.

Namjoon was the royal head of the knights and he trained them all incessantly. "Your majesty," The taller male knelt on his one knee while bringing his arm across his chest as he greeted the king. "I was meaning to go to you."

"Namjoon," Jimin smiled with poise and the man's head whipped up before he stood at an arm's distance. "Go easy on them today. I want them to relax and enjoy the only night they get."

"Yes, milord." Namjoon bowed again as Jimin stepped closer.

"That includes you too. Go for a walk in the garden, soak in sun, or just drink whatever you like."

"But, sire... The celebration starts at the crack of dusk." Namjoon asked in confusion to see Jimin's arm holding him.

"It's the day dedicated to all the guards and knights. You all are free to do whatever you feel like. I will be waiting to welcome everyone tonight," with that, Jimin turned around. "And Namjoon, send Jungkook to the throne room." He asked but then he thought of something.