Maybe girls can like girls

#ConnectToAccept

Walking through the halls I tried my best to stay as close to the lockers as possible, avoiding the many sweaty, moving bodies walking towards their classes. I quickened my pace when I could see the classroom. I hadn't noticed anyone else wanting to enter the room, causing us to bump into each other. 

I fell to the ground, noticing that my ankle was now throbbing painfully. "Are you okay?" I looked up to see the prettiest girl I had ever seen in my life. Her warm, brown eyes looked at me, full of concern. I started blushing furiously, feeling the warmth spread all over my face. Remembering she asked a question, I quickly said I was fine. 

She held out a hand to help me up. I took it hesitantly, but when I tried to stand up I yelped in pain and sank back to the floor. "Oh no, I think we're going to have to take you to the nurse. Your ankle doesn't seem to be so good." "I'll be okay, you can go to class." I tried to stand up again using the wall, making sure to not put any pressure on my injured ankle. "No. Come on girl, I'll go with you." I realised she was going to take me to the nurse no matter what, so we left together. 

When reaching the nurses office I could sit down, but she was still busy, so we just had to wait. I could feel the girls stare on my face and I looked in her direction. We locked eyes and I just couldn't look away. She didn't either. Instead, she only moved closer. I could feel her warm breath on my lips. I was frozen, my heart beating rapidly, not understanding what was happening. Before I could react, I felt her lips on mine. I loved the feeling of her lips on mine, but this couldn't be! It's wrong! I pushed her away and she looked at me confused. "Girls can't be with girls, we can't do this!" I almost screamed at her. I was so confused. "It's alright. You have to understand alright? Did you like it?" I nodded shyly. She smiled at me and I returned it. Maybe it is alright. Maybe I can like who I want. I deserve it right?