P r o l o g u e

This will be a quick look through how River fits into the season two storyline
🤍

2x01

River stood in Ashlyns living room with the rest of her friends, waiting for the clock to hit midnight.
Her best friend EJ was stood behind her with his arm slung over her shoulders. The group counted down from ten, getting louder as the numbers grew smaller before they all cheered in happiness as they moved into the new year. EJ placed a sweet kiss onto her cheek making her giggle in happiness before they heard the front door opening and were slightly confused to see their drama teacher stood there.
"Hello, contrary to rumour, we will not be doing high school musical 2 as our spring musical"
River sees a few people catch Carlos as he almost falls in shock and disappointment.
"Instead we will be doing an American classic" she pauses making everyone lean towards her in anticipation.
"Beauty and the beast" she smiles proudly.
The girl feels her heart swell up as she lets out a cheer knowing that her dream swing role was in this musical, and this was her chance to prove she could take it.

2x02

River sat in her seat with Seb next to her, clinging to her hand as she sat worriedly.
"You're gonna do great Riv, stop worrying" he tells her and she nods as she hears Carlos call out to her.
"Alright Joni Mitchell, you're up" he calls and she makes her way up onto the stage.
"Hi sweetie, so who are we auditioning for?" Miss Jen asks and she swallows hard fearing the rejection.
She looked down to Gina who was giving her a supportive smile which caused her to go on.
"I'd like to audition for Lumiere, I know it's a traditionally male role but I want to try" she says before hearing someone let out a laugh, noticing the new girl failing to hide her amusement. She had been acting like that all morning and River didn't like it one bit.
"Go for it" her teacher says causing her to turn her head back to the teacher as she smirks.
The girl starts reading out a few of her characters lines, putting on a fake french accent which made the rest of her cast mates smile as she continued on before she got to the musical part of her audition.
She started to sing Be Our Guest with lots of passion as her friends watched in awe, earning cheers from EJ and Gina whilst Seb waved his arms frantically.
"Please be our guest!" She sings out as a beaming smile makes its way to her face.
Everyone starts applauding her and standing up to cheer.
"Well my dear, that was quite something" her teacher smiles as she makes her way off the stage to run into her friends open arms.

The students of the east high drama club made their way towards the cast list, all excited to see their parts.
Her cousin got his part as chip and Kourtney as Mrs Potts. They would be the most adorable mother son duo.
Ashlyn was their belle and Ricky their beast and Gina had scored her place as Babette.
EJ was proud to have his part of Gaston whilst Big Red would be LeFou.
River closed her eyes and let out a breath as she made her way towards the paper, gripping her hands together as she read it.

River Maxwell- Lumiere (Belle Understudy)

The girl immediately let out a happy Yelp and turned to EJ who picked her up and spun her around before he put her down and she spun off down the corridor shouting about how happy she was.

2x03

River spent the majority of her day with Seb on Valentine's Day helping him get ready for his date.
"What if he doesn't like the present?" He worries to his cousin and she shakes her head.
"He would be silly not to" she says as she kisses his forehead before she led him to the car so she could take him to his date.

As she watched the couples mingle in the local pizza shop she sighed a little. Loving someone seemed so difficult to her.

2x04

Riv hated the dark. She clung to Rickys arm as soon as the lights went out, her childhood best friend not letting anything happen to her.
The group tried to put on some lights but it didn't help the girls fear. She got up and made her way out of the room so she could find some natural light. Her cousin soon came to find her so that she wouldn't be alone and was soon followed by a few of her friends until she got a text from Gina which made the girl jump into action. River and Gina had become close as soon as she arrived at the school, the older girl not caring about her competitiveness and actually seeing her as a person. She made her way through the school to find her friend and keep her company as she sniffled through some tears. The girls would always stick together no matter what and that included River threatening to beat up Ricky for how he treated her friend.

2x05

River sat on the hay bales and cheered loudly for her cousin as he sang The Climb for his boyfriend. She leaned her head onto Gina and caressed her hand with her thumb, noticing the girls mood had dropped. She was going through things and it wasn't fair on her. Once her cousin stopped singing, everyone cheered as Carlos went over and gave him a kiss causing everyone to become all giddy with their happiness. River liked when people were happy, it made her feel so proud of be in a group of positive people. The music soon started up again and she felt herself be whisked away by some of the boys to dance causing her to smile. Ever since she got her dream role in the musical, she was constantly living on a high of joy. She felt like nothing could stop her on her power trip to stardom as her first swing role. But boy oh boy would she be wrong.