Chapter 1

"The fire that is burning in my heart, I will spread that in the world ... if you get married, I will burn the era."

That's what he told her as he smeared haldi on her cheeks, then brushed his cheek against hers.

And true to his word, he did. Once she got married, he turned back to alcohol and caused havoc in Amrit's life. He tried caring for Amrit, but Amrit pushed him away. His own mother pushed him away, causing him to continue causing havoc everywhere he went.

He did burn the era once his first love married someone else. They both fell in love, but suffering only came in his destiny.

He looked at her, dressed in a blue sari, her silky locks in a neat bun, sindoor in her maag and a nuptial necklace around her neck, just smiling as she stood next to her husband. It should have been him instead of that man.

Randhir: Veer?

Veer turned around and looked at his brother. Randhir, the man Amrit loved and his mother loved more. Randhir, the ideal son and husband. Randhir, his brother who he pushed off a cliff years ago.

Veer: bolo Randhir.

Randhir: meet my friend Rithik Patel, his Dadi Pannabenji and his wife, Shalini Patel.

He didn't need an introduction to any of them. Pannaben was the one who proposed the alliance of her and her grandson. Rithik was the one who married his true love and Shalini...Shalini was his first love and he was hers.

Randhir: Rithik, Pannabenji, Shalini, this is my brother Veer.

She didn't need an introduction to him. She knew perfectly well who Veer was. He was the man who taught her how to love.

Veer: namaste. Welcome to our house.

Amrit came up to Veer and Randhir. Veer looked at Shalini before keeping his arm around Amrit. A confused Amrit looked at Randhir, then at Veer who only had his eyes on Shalini. Shalini felt his heavy gaze on her and gritted her teeth as she looked at Amrit. How could he keep his arm around another girl?

Veer: meet my wife, Amrit Veer Pratap Singh. We recently got married.

Those words made Randhir's heart ache and a knife stabbed through Shalini's heart.

"To date I have only loved one girl and I will keep loving only her throughout."

"And who is that girl?"

She asked as she drew patterns on his chest.

"I'm looking at her right now."

He said, looking down at her as she looked up at him with a smile.

He said that she was the only girl he loved and would continue loving, then why? Why did he go ahead and love another girl? He knew that she didn't love her husband, everything happened out of helplessness, yet he went ahead and chose another girl to be his bride.

Rithik: congratulations on your marriage.

Shalini: haan congratulations.

She said, looking at Veer for a moment then at Amrit. Amrit looked at Shalini and felt uncomfortable by her gaze. What did she do to Shalini to get a death stare from her? She barely even knew the woman.

Veer: Amrit, come with me jaanu. More people want to meet us.

Shalini gritted her teeth then bit her tongue, trying to resist the urge of cursing the man. She was the one who he called 'Jaanu'. He couldn't just go ahead and go another girl 'Jaanu'.