Held Up

As Safari started to get dressed for the party, she worried about her granny catching her. She was usually up around 6 in the morning, always being loud on the phone. Tonight she won't be there to be loud, so that might blow her cover.

She quickly turned on the TV and turned her LED lights to a devil red. Her perfect habitat!

She slipped on a grey hoodie and some grey shorts that covered her bottom completely. She wasn't much of a cover up kind of girl, but she had no idea of what she was getting herself into tonight.

She fixed her short Afro-ed hair with some hair sprays and gels.

She thought about just asking her grandma if she could go over to her house for the night, but she may be come suspicious since it was already so late. So she left it be.

As she walked out of the room, she saw her grandmother sitter in her recliner, scrolling on her iPad.

d**n it, she thought.

It was only 9:43pm, so there was no telling how long she'd be up.

She walked back into her room, pulled out her phone and tapped on Sarah's name.

Safari: hey, I'm a little backed up. Grandma's still awake. No way I'm getting out while she's still up.

Sarah: how long does she usually stay up?

Safari: depends, sometimes 9pm, sometimes 3am.

Sarah: dang, just get here when you can.

*she closes her phone.*