Chapter 7: 𝗝𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘆 𝗷𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘆

"𝙈𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙝 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧."

-

After many tries of convincing Gabriella to join her in the gala, the girl declined and had something to do. Even though Gabriella wanted to accompany her, she couldn't. Stella had a hard time wrapping her brain about what happened with her and Carla that day. It was a dreadful memory that she wished never happened in the first place. But now she sees Carla not even trying to get her attention or flirting freely with either Polo or Christian this past few days in school. It made her heart sink.

Stella Hernandez wore her mother's exclusive design which suits her perfectly, stepping out of the limo and looking across the winery building which had a long carpet way to the inside. There were a few people by the entrance and didn't bother on telling who it was before Alexander stepped out to stand besides her.

"Try not to bail on us in the first hour, Stella." He says simply, fixing a button on his suit as he said. Alexander helped his fiancée and mother step out the limo.

"I'll try my best." She says boredly, not in the mood tonight. Stella would be smiling right now if she had company besides Gabriella. But the girl wasn't anywhere near her and that somehow disappointed her. Stella continued to look around until she met Carla's eyes by the entrance who has been looking at her since they've arrived. It lasted for a couple seconds before she turned away, "I'll go in first. I need to talk to Guzman."

Camila didn't get a chance to stop her daughter before she already left, making her internally sigh. Stella held a side glance at Carla who did the same, both looked warily at one another. Almost as if they were scared to be in the same
room and have the same argument. Stella exhales by the cold when she remembers that Carla has two dates tonight. Now that ruined her night even more.

And the look that she had brought Carla to
her knees, knowing full well that she was the
one who made her like that.

By the entrance, Guzman had already saw Stella descend the long staircase. "Hey, where's your mom and dad?" He asks, giving her a welcome.

"Only my mom. Dad had business overseas- Don't ask." She says, looking around the venue and saw there were already many people inside. Stella gives a smile to Marina who waved at her for a short second. "Did you know Polo and Carla invited Christian here? Here of all places?"

"What?" Guzman exclaims, wondering what rock got thrown in Polo's head when he decided to invite a commoner. "Fuck. What's gotten into our friends? Did you know Polo let Christian fuck his girlfriend?" Stella transcends, crossing her arms and shakes her head.

"It's the first I've heard of it." She mumbles, acting surprised but it was the reason why she couldn't sleep properly at nights. Stella and Guzman glances at the staircase when they saw their friends arrive. Stella darted her eyes away from Carla, stubbornly and childish enough to not meet her eyes anymore. "I can't handle this." She says giving up and walked away before Lu can even say hi.

It made Lu scoff lightly and turned to Guzman unbelievably. "Did you also turn my own bestfriend against me? That's low of you." She snaps and the boy ignored her and turned to Polo to confront him. But it wasn't the reason why Stella abruptly left their little group.