Chapter 6: 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗮

"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙪𝙗 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪."

-

The aftermath of Stella's and Gabriella's kiss was rendered facade. Like every other kid in their age, some more than others, did not want a committed relationship. Why? They were young and wanted to explore more than their feelings. But it didn't include them not having something other than physical attraction to each other.

But with Stella invited with Carla's mother's party in a few days, she was deciding whether or not to go.

"Please, me and Gabriella are not serious." Stella defends, carelessly leaning against a chair. She and Guzman are on their free time, at the cafeteria. "It's like how you and Lu were." She teases and the man scoffs lightly, brushing the comment away.

"Not today, Stella. You know what Lu and I almost did- I'm not proud of it." He says in a low voice, almost as if it was a secret. The bet he made with Lu, what he almost did with Nadia? It made him feel sick to think he almost took advantage of her that day. "Are you coming to the beneficial gala? I heard your mom and Amelia are going."

"Sure. If hell freezes over, I'm sure I'll wear one of my mom's designer dresses." She held a tight smile, sarcasm laced her voice.

"Stella." Guzman says and by his tone made the girl roll her eyes. "It'd be boring without you there. Ander is acting weird, Polo's in a fucked up three way with the new kid. You and me are the only remaining normal ones here."

By the mention of Polo's 'fucked up three way,' Stella ironically laughs by how it was said. Then she remembers Carla and her mind went to shit again. "Don't tell me you're gonna get on your knees and beg now." She teases and the guy sucked in a breath, shrugging mischievously. "Relax, I don't think my mom would let me stay indoors while a gala was being held."

"Well, that's a relief. I can't go through that gala without you." He confesses and Stella went at awe, telling him any time. "You know, I've never seen you happy lately. I'm guessing it has something to do with Gabriella, then?"

Stella looks at him and for a moment didn't
speak. 'This is me being happy?' She questions herself before snapping out of it. "What can I say? It must be her influence. And I can say the same about you. Has Nadia forgiven you yet?" The question made Guzman sigh, shaking his head.

"Stella." Azucena, the principal of the school had called her by the exit of the cafeteria. Guzman and Stella looks at her, wondering why was she called. "Your mother is in my office. She says it's urgent." She informed a bit quietly so no other students might gossip.

"What?" She asks, considering that this might be another baffle in her life. Her mom would never go to her school unless she was in serious trouble. Azucena told her to come and waited for her to follow her by the door. Stella's smile downfalls and looks over to Guzman. "I'll be fine." She assures before grabbing her stuff.

"Are you sure? I can come with-"

"-No, Guzman." Stella cuts him off, shaking her head. She thought about her condition and desperately didn't need Guzman to know about it- or any of her friends, in fact. Maybe her mom was here so she can take her to a check-up again. Stella really didn't know but wasn't going to risk it. "I'll come back for class. Don't wait up for me."