"You were seen by no less than seven muggles. Do you have any idea how serious this is? You have risked the exposure of our world. Not to mention the damage you inflicted on a whomping willow that's been on these grounds since before you were born." Severus said rather aggressively, but Clarice was more concerned about the fact there was a whomping willow on the grounds and Pomona didn't even tell her.

"Honestly, Professor Snape, I think it did more damage to us." The red headed boy said and Clarice had to hold back a giggle. Luckily she went unnoticed.

"Silence! I assure you that were you in Slytherin and your fate rested with me, the both of you would be on the train home tonight! As it is..."

"They are not," A familiar voice rang from behind them and everyone turned to meet who it was.

"Professor Dumbledore," The boy with black hair said. "Professor McGonagall."

"Headmaster," Severus continued. "These boys have flouted the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry. As such..."

"I am well aware of our bylaws Severus, having written quite a few myself. However, as head of Gryffindor House, it is for Professor McGonagall to determine the appropriate action." Dumbledore said and Severus just nodded.

"We'll go and get our stuff then," The red headed boy said while hanging his head low.

"What are you talking about, Mr. Weasley?" Minerva asked the boy.

"You're going to expel us, aren't you?" He asked her.

"Not today Mr. Weasley. But I must impress on both of you the seriousness of what you've done. I will be writing to your families tonight and you will both receive detention." She said and they both looked at Severus who only glared back at them. No wonder kids were scared of him, she wondered, he seemed to be very very strict. The two boys nodded and scurried off. Dumbledore and Minerva looked at Clarice and gave her a warm smile.

"How did you end up in this mess Clarice?" Minerva asked her and she smiled back.

"We were heading to dinner when we saw the car crash into the tree from a window." She admitted which made Dumbledore chuckle. He bid them a good night and left with Minerva trailing behind him. She could hear them speaking out in the corridors.

"Do you think Severus made a friend?" Dumbledore asked and Minerva giggled.

"Ten galleons they're together by the end of the school year." Dumbledore said.

"Fifteen galleons... by the time Christmas rolls around." Minerva said and the conversation was cut short as Severus used his wand to slam the door shut.

"Those two boys will be the bane of my existence." Severus muttered while slumping in his chair at his desk.

"What were their names?" She questioned and Severus raised an eyebrow at her. How could she not know?

"The red head is Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter was the other one." He said waiting for a reaction. Clarice had heard about Harry over in America and she didn't realize he would be at this school. She didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so she only nodded. Severus was shocked she didn't ask any questions about Potter.

"What year are they?" She asked.

"Second, you'll get the honors of teaching them. I'm surprised their know-it-all friend wasn't with them. She can be just as insufferable." He said.

"Well I reckon we missed dinner and the sorting, care to come to the kitchens with me to grab a bite? I'm really hungry." Clarice asked him and he looked up at her. No one has ever been so nice to him, he thought. Everyone just usually steered clear of him based off of rumours and stories, yet here was this new professor who had most likely heard how terrible a person he was and was still asking him to accompany herself to grab food. He knew it was strictly platonic and there was no way she actually enjoyed being with him, right? She was only being nice to him because she felt bad he had no friends.

"Well come on then, you must be hungry too." She motioned for him to join her and flashed a warm smile his way. He stood up and they walked out to the kitchens together.

"You could just summon a house elf," He said.

"No no, we have legs. I'm capable of getting food myself. Although, I didn't know you could just summon a house elf to your side?" She questioned.

"Mhm, they're pretty decent." He said.

"They're so busy though," She said.

"I mean, it's their job." He replied.

"It's not technically a job if you don't get paid." She said back while smirking at him.

"Touché," He said and opened the door to the kitchens. Almost immediately, a house elf came up to them.

"Good evening Professor Snape and his lady friend! I am Kiki!" The little elf said while taking Clarice's hand which had made her giggle.

"This is Professor Bates, Kiki," Severus said.

"But you may call me Clarice. What a pleasure to meet you," She said while shaking the little creatures hand. "Can you help make us something to eat? We missed supper."

The little elf got some of her friends snd they prepared a meal for the two of them and sat them down at a nearby counter with stools. The pair walked over to take a seat and Clarice was overwhelmed with the amount of food she had been given.

"Oh my this is a lot!" She exclaimed taking in the smell of roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a biscuit. They also gave her a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and Severus a glass of firewhiskey. She noticed the house elves placed two candles between them and also dimmed the lights quite a bit. They were also no where to be found. Clarice laughed and Severus looked at her funny.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Seems like the elves thought we were on a date," She laughed although Severus didn't.

"How silly of them." He said and took a bite.

"Oh, would being on a date with me be that bad Severus?" She asked with a grin plastered on her face. Was she flirting with him, she asked herself. Perhaps she was, he was a good looking man and she also enjoyed spending time with him.

"What are you playing at Clarice?" He asked her with an eyebrow raised, but she only continued to smile at him and then turned back to her food. They mostly ate in silence for the rest of the night and once Clarice was done, she put a hand on Severus' shoulder. He almost cringed as she touched him, so she quickly pulled it back to her side.

"I'm heading off to bed, I'll see you tomorrow." She said and as she was turning away, he stood up and caught her wrist.

"Thank you for dragging me out of my classroom tonight." He said quickly and dropped her wrist. She smiled at him again and headed out the door while taking one last glimpse of him before closing it. She hated to admit it, but she was truly happy she had made a new friend so quickly.