prolouge

A/N Hey guys! This is my first story, please let me know ur thoughts and opinions. 😚
PS: the pictures above will be the setting of the chapter.

10:00 pm

I hear a rattle on my window.
"Kajal, you ready?!" Paris asks.
We were going to party tonight, my parents were out of town and the housekeeper, Ms Lila was asleep.
"Five more minutes!!" I say.
Paris, now sitting on my bed sighs. We've been best friends since eight grade. We both ended up going to Monroe, so our friendship has lasted for three years.

         I finish applying some lipgloss as I look at my long hair in a sleek high ponytail. I glance to Paris who is wearing a long sleeved  fitting sheer top with a black tank top underneath paired with a pair of loose fitting black jeans and black heels. Her sharp Korean features are
intensified with the shadows.
" How do you do your wing eyeliner so good?" I ask.
She grins, " I will never reveal my secrets!!!"

We laugh and crawl out of my window, I nearly trip on the Ganesha idol sitting my nightstand.

10:15 pm

     We walk down the carefully groomed lawn inside the house. Loud noise strings my ears and before I know it, I'm drinking and dancing, I see Paris and her ex boyfriend Ashton dancing in the corner. I make a mental note to talk to her about it later.

2:00 am
I walk back to my house with some friends from the party. Luckily, I'm not too drunk. I couldn't find Paris anywhere at the party but someone told me she had already left.

6:00 am
Ms Lila knocks on my door and sighs, she can tell from my face that I went out partying, but I know she won't say anything. Ms Lila sternly lets me know my father will be home soon. Once she leaves I wash my face and wear a cashmere crewneck and shorts set that I stole from Paris's closet. She always gets the newest clothes because of her modeling career. Her 5'9 height and long legs makes her perfect for modeling. I get ready and clean up the scattered makeup lying on my vanity.

9:00 am
I wake up to a missed call from Paris. I call her back only to be transferred to voicmail. Paris always picks up by the first ring, uneasy, I reassure myself that she's probably just sleeping. I tell her to call me once she gets the voicemail. I get ready, running my finger through my black hair. I shower and enter our kitchen, the sunlight is seeping in through the massives windows in the house. Since my dad is a architect and owner of a landscaping company he designed out to look like a resort. I find breakfast made on a tray filled with avocado toast, and cantaloupe. Ms Lila left a note saying she is going to the Indian grocery store to get spices upon my moms request. I eat in silence my mind wondering to how Paris is doing.

2:00 pm
I hear my phone ring, hoping it's Paris I rush to answer it. Only to find my father calling. Sweating from my training this morning I answer.
"Hey Kaju" he says his voiced concerned.

"Hey Dad" I say out of breath

"I just wanted to see how your dealing with it."

My stomach turns and confused I say," Why nothings happened."

Dread fills my stomach, something must have happened. Did something happen to mom? Last time I saw her we were in an argument. Is his business doing okay, what happened?

His voice grave he says " Paris went missing."
My brain gets blurred. Honestly I can't remember what happened next.