I had a feeling that was the truest thing she's ever said. Jack didn't necessarily seem like the marring type so it wouldn't have surprised me if it was some arranged marriage or that she married him just for the money.

For the most part, she seemed okay. Nice may not have been the right word, but she was definitely nothing like Jack. At least as far as I could tell.

She crossed her arms, taking a deep breath. "Tim, it is Tim right?" He gave a small head nod and I moved my hand to his back, rubbing it gensmallhe glanced up at me and smiled before looking back at Harleen.

Her stern expression softened at my action. "I know what happened to you was cruel and it makes me sick to think about, but trust me when I say this sweety, I'm not planning anything and I don't know about any plans."

Her words sounded sincere and she reached a hand out for Tim's. He hesitated, but brought his hand up to hers. She gripped it gently.

"You're such a strong kid. If I had known any of this beforehand, I would have done my best to stop it. Like I said sugar, Jack was crazy. He was manipulative and impulsive. He had to have what he wanted and if he couldn't get it, then he destroyed it."

She let go of Tims hand and sat back, seeming to think over her next words carefully. "I'm glad he didn't destroy you sweety. You're too good for this nasty business. Too innocent. Jason," she turned, looking at me with a smile. "Take good care of this one now. He's a keeper." She chuckled then stood up. Her men stood beside her.

"Trust me I will." I pulled Tim closer to me, wrapping my arm around him. I had no plans on letting him go or doing anything to compromise our relationship.

Tim honesty was the best thing that's come into my life in so long.

If we hadn't met, I know I'd still be throwing myself around and diving so far into my work I'd forget to breathe. He helped me balance the load if only to just be with him.

He smiled up at me before turning to Harleen, watching her walk away. "Wait!" She stopped and turned around, eyeing him curiously. "Yes Sugar?"

Tim took a deep breath and stood up, he looked a little shaky, but had a determined look on his face. "Thank you. And I'm sorry about... about your husband."

She looked like she wanted to laugh, but just smiled instead. "Oh yeah, definitely too good for this business. Tim you listen to me sweety, don't be sorry. He got what he deserved. Now, you and Jason can be happy, and so can I."

She turned, smiling at the man to her right. He smiled back at her before they kissed. I recognized him then as the guy that had shot Jack.

It all made sense now. They'd planned together to get rid of Jack. Whatever the end goal was, if it didn't evolve hurting Tim or wreaking havoc somewhere, I really didn't care, but all the dots were adding up perfecting.

She just wanted to be happy and Tim is safe. No plots or evil plans in the works. We were in the clear.

When they pulled away, she nodded at us before leaving, giving Tim a wink. He was still standing, looking stoic and deep in thought. Without warning though, he was pushing past Roy and bolting to the bathroom.

I gasped and stood up, quickly following him, concerned and a little confused. "Shit. Tim?" When I pushed the bathroom door open, I heard him dry heaving in the first stall.

My heart dropped into my stomach as I rushed to him, pulling his hair away from his face and rubbing his back. "Shh you're okay baby. Just breathe okay. Deep breaths." I could tell he was trying to catch his breath, but I knew the stress was hard on him.

After a few minutes he was finally taking deeper breaths and just leaned back against me. "There you go, just breathe baby. I'm here. I've got you."

He nodded and sighed heavily. "Seeing those men again...I just...I didn't like it." He looked up at me, tears brimming at his eyes.

He looked pitiful and I felt guilty. I should have known better than to let him come. He didn't need this. He needed the reassurance yes, but the stress I put on him, that wasn't fair. I was used to this. I was used to pushing away those feelings to get the job done.

Tim was soft in a sense. He didn't know the inner workings of this job and I think I was deciding I liked it better that way. "I'm sorry baby. I know it was hard, but at least we know now that nothings going on."

I moved a hand up to his cheek and thumbed away a stray tear as he nodded. "Yeah, you're right. It's over now. Right?" He sat up, moving into my arms to hug me. "Yes Tim. It's over. It's all over." I held him close, finally feeling relief pour through my nerves.

It was over. Finally. Now we can focus on ourselves. Being in love. Being with each other. Being happy. It's all I wanted with him. "I love you Tim. And from now on, you don't have to be involved with any of this okay. This part of my life can just be separate."

Harleen was right, he was too innocent for it. Too good. And too precious to me.

When he finally pulled away, he looked up, a small smile playing at his lips. "I love you too Jason and I think maybe that's for the best. Your job is important, but I trust Roy to keep you safe. I'll stay back and trust that you know what you're doing."

My own smile started to show before he placed his hands on my face, pulling me down into a kiss.

It was hard to say whether he was really over everything. I honestly wasn't sure if he or I would ever truly be over it all. It was traumatic to say the least. A nightmare we were both glad to finally be awake from.

My mother always told me that time heals all wounds and that was something Tim and I had a lot of. I wasn't planning on wasting a second of it.

"How about a date night? Right now. Just you and me. Maybe we could go to an art gallery? What do you say baby?" I stood and helped him up, gently tucking his hair behind his ear.

His smile grew wide and eager. "Really? Jason, that would be amazing!" He laughed and hugged me, causing me to stumble slightly before I wrapped my arms around him and hugged back.

"Of course baby. Anything for you. I'll let Roy and Antonio know, then it's just you and me for the rest of the night." Tim pulled away and sighed happily, looking at me awestruck.

"Can you believe that just a week ago we didn't even know each other? Now...oh my god Jason now." He laughed again and shook his head. "All because I decided to do something spontaneous."

My heart fluttered and my head felt high. In the best way. It really had been just a few days, but somehow it felt like a lifetime already that I'd been loving him. A perfect lifetime.

"I'm so glad you did, baby. That night was just the beginning of the rest of our lives." I grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers before walking with him back out to Roy.

He was right, one spontaneous decision changed the course of our lives so drastically. If I had the chance to go back and change things, I wouldn't. Not for anything. I had everything I ever needed right here beside me.

My Tim. My love. Mio amore rosso.