The bear

Three weeks later

Hunter ran through the forest, Cindy and Dusty at his heels.
Storm didn't really like leaving the valley and preferred staying in the medicine den, helping poppy sort the herbs and helping the patients. 
Hunter thought that maybe helping out in the den helped Storm control his anger. Storm got angry very easily and would "Storm off" quite often.

"You will never catch me" Hunter shouted behind him, he knew he was the fastest.
When no one responded he stopped looking behind him.
There was no one there.
"Umm, guys? Where are you?" Hunter scanned the trees hoping they would hop out from one, they didn't.
He looked around again,
Oh no, he had left his clans territory, that's why the others had stopped.
He turned around, thinking he would just run back but suddenly got unsure of which way he had come from. He didn't recognize anything.
Hunter decided that the best thing to do would be to start walking in any random direction. If he got very far and still didn't recognize anything, he would turn back and try another way.
He began trotting in one direction, after trotting for what felt like bourse Hunter decided to turn back, but before he could, he smelt something.
Something dangerous.

Hunter began to panic as he slowly turned around, hoping that he was wrong. But when he looked up, he realized that he wasn't.
There in front of him stood a bear, or more specifically a bear cub. And where there was a bear cub, there was a bear mother.
Hunter turned to run when he heard the cub.
"Hi, my names bear, what's yours?" The bear looked around six months old, much older than him. It was a dark brownish black color and had dark brown eyes.
"Hi?" Hunter didn't know what to think,
Bears were mean and horrible, they hated wolves.
The bear stood there waiting expectantly,
"Oh uh.. my names Hunter" Hunter stood there, his whole body told him to run, but something about this bear cub made him want to stay.
" cool, so what kind of bear are you? You look really weird" Bear giggled
"I'm not a bear, I'm a wolf" Hunter puffed out his chest trying to look bigger.
The bear didn't look surprised but instead looked at him in puzzlement.
"What's a... wolf?" He narrowed his eyes.
Hunter was taken aback, how did this bear not know what a wolf was?
" it's what I am, why don't you know what a wolf is?"
" well... I never had anyone to tell me" he looked at the ground
" what do you mean, wouldn't your parents tell you?" Hunter was very confused
" my parents died" he said chocking on his words,
"Oh I'm sorry, how did they die?" Hunter asked
" they were shot by... humans" he turned away
" oh, umm I'm sorry" Hunter didn't know what else to say.
" you already said that"
" yeah I know"
Suddenly Hunter heard the howling of his parents,
"I have to go" with that he ran into the forest leaving the cub alone.