Chapter 4

Back at the car, Daniel started up the engine and pulled out of the parking lot. They drove onto the main road. Samantha is in the front seat, eating the brown coat Daniel gave him earlier. Samantha took off his construction helmet and goggles.

"That was amazing food, although kind of hot.... like you." Samantha looked out the window to see buildings with lights of all sorts of shapes and colors so close together. The sidewalks were brimming with light posts shining onto the street. He had seen this town before but not like this. He found the lights all over amazing. It was dark now, but places were still open.

"Let head back to my place, you did walk over to my house, so I'll walk you home from there my dove." Daniel drove around town with a smile on his face. After that, there was silence for a while.

Daniel approached a traffic light that was shining yellow. As Daniel approached the intersection, the light changed from yellow to red. It was too late for Daniel though; he was going over the limit at sixty miles per hour in the fifty zone. He passed through the intersection with a car honking at him as he started to gain speed. Daniel took a breath, worrying if he did the right thing, and thought about the car that honked at him. He was a bit worried about that. He kept on driving until he reached another traffic light. This time red, Daniel stopped the car at the light. While stopped, Daniel reached for his pockets in the hope of another pill. There was none. Frantic about it, Daniel then reached for the cup holder with the medication jar. He opened it to find nothing in it either. Daniel started to sink a little into his seat. The light turned green.

"Hey, Samantha.......... have you seen little jars with tiny objects in them by chance?" Daniel whispered. Samantha stared at Daniel. Daniel was visible very worried now and started to take a couple of breaths. Samantha remembered the jars he dropped earlier in the backseat, but they were empty as well.

Daniel grew more afraid as the seconds passed by. His breaths kept getting louder and louder. He took one of his hands off the steering wheel and started to trace out an infinity symbol using his finger on the other hand while he drove. The car got faster and faster. There were no cars ahead of Daniel. He started to cry a bit. Samantha stared at him wondering what he was doing, paying no mind to the street.

He then closed his eyes with tears flowing out. "No no the crocks no NO! Trash trash trash I am." Daniel cried even louder. He opened his eyes again, only to see cars in front of them from a distance. Daniel was shaking with fear.

Then out of nowhere, Daniel took a sharp turn to his right and drove onto the empty grass space. He was heading straight towards a fire hydrant that was in front of a building. The building had plain clear windows spread among the walls.

Daniel looked over to Samantha. He is shocked at what he saw in front of him. He screamed, "YOU'RE AN ALLIGATOR!" Before Samantha could have thought anything from this, they crash into the hydrant.

The hydrant exploded with water pouring out the top of it like a geyser. Daniel is smacked in the face by the airbags coming at him from the car. Samantha flew out the front of the car window before the airbag could catch him. While in the air, Samantha got covered in water from the hydrant. He then crashed through the window to the building near the hydrant.

Samantha landed on the floor and slipped through the room. The room had people sitting at dining tables eating salads, with blue painted walls and hardwood flooring. "AHHH A ALLIGATOR!" People started to freak out and flee. They hopped out of the tables and ran towards the exit. Samantha started to slow down and stopped sliding. He noticed all the people running away from him, he thought nothing of it. He then looked at the blue painted walls and was in awe at a painting he was looking at. He tuned out the screams and gave the painting his full attention. It was a mighty bald eagle clutching a defenseless codfish in his claws. The cod had a scared expression and was in a shaking position. Below them was water to which it gave off the reflection of the eagle and cod. Above them were bright blue skies, with small clouds in the corners of the frame. All painted with oil paints. Samantha had never seen a painting like this before. He saw some graffiti before, but that is nothing compared to the detail that the painting had. He stared at the painting for a bit with amazement. He thought the painting was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen.

Aftersome time, he turned over to the general direction of the window he crashedthrough. He saw the water pouring out from the hydrant outside the window. He thensaw rapidly flashing blue and red lights, alongside a very big gray van with analligator painting on it. Soon he heard the police sirens. Samantha knew whatwas going to happen next. It was all too familiar for him.