1. First meeting

Han Joonhwi was frustrated, mad and was feeling a sense of betrayal for the first time in his life. He lost his parents when he was very young, the only memory of any parental guidance was from his uncle. The uncle who was the only person he has ever loved, his only family, who betrayed the very law that inspired him to become a policeman. 

His face was pinched in concentration as he tried to listen to the news of his uncle's bribery case verdict. He was hoping at least this will wake his uncle from whatever stupor he was in that made him disrespect the very laws he loved teaching others.

Whatever the news was saying was beyond him as the noise in the mostly abandoned bookstore increased right beside him. With a scowl he turned towards the noise or the person causing it. He paused for a minute staring. 

There was a girl bargaining with the shopkeeper earnestly and wait...was that law books in her hands. 

Clearing his throat, he paid more than the books was worth despite the girl's lies. 

Sunbae! bullshit. 

By the time the broadcast revealed his uncle as an innocent, the girl was gone from the shop. He rushed outside not knowing why. Maybe it was because he didn't want another person to disrespect the laws and scam him. 

His thoughts brought to him to the bus stop where the girl was sitting with her little sister. 

Even though her face showed guilt after listening to her sister talking, she was adamant about not even making contact with his eyes let alone say sorry. He didn't know why, but she was amusing and interesting to him. In a haste, the sisters boarded the bus, grabbing the books leaving all but one behind. 

Her flustered face was cute, stirring a different emotion inside him. This encounter for what it was worth gave him an idea. 

Law school!!

He could pass it easily and prove to himself that the law he loved growing up was not all a lie. And maybe just maybe he could meet this girl from the bookstore again.