Chapter Seven- Unreal

I felt his lips press softly against mine. There was no way in the world that this was happening. No way. He pulled away after a few seconds and I opened my eyes to find him looking down at me with his big goofy smile. I couldn't help but blush when I saw his face.

"So..." He said with a nervous chuckle while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sooo..." I repeated. "Is that how you feel?" My voice was barely audible, as if I didn't want him to hear me. He nodded and for some odd reason that had taken me by surprise. It took me a moment to realize that I had a dorky smile on my face and I felt myself blush even more.

"Yeah..." He muttered. He was staring down at me with some sort of awe in his voice. "Look, Tabitha.." Steve-O paused, as if he was having second thoughts about saying what he was about to say.

"Hmmm." I stared up at him and watched as his eyes wandered. He rolled over and looked up at the ceiling.

"It's nothing.." A hint of dread stuck out in his voice and I looked over at him.

"'O, you know you can tell me anything, right?" I raised a brow, but the concern still shown on my face. "I am here for you whenever you need someone there for you.."

'O nodded at my reply and looked over at me again and our eyes met. "I know that already, Tab. I do." He sighed and looked back at the ceiling. "And I don't have a problem or anything. It's just. I'm afraid of ruining a great friendship."

"What?" What did he mean by 'ruining a great friendship'? Was there something going on that he wasn't telling me about? Did he do something behind my back?

He looked back at me. "Alright, alright. I have a confession. I have feelings for you, Tabitha. Not just those 'Really good friend' feelings. No. It's more than that. I'm falling for you, okay? I have never met someone so down-to-earth and open about things as you are. Hell, your gorgeousness is just a bonus compared to everything else about you.." He sighed and I could hear his breath was shaky. "I wanted to ask you this on our trip, but I just can't wait that long.. Will you be my girlfriend?"

It took me a moment to take in everything he had said. That was nothing I had expected. At all. I thought it'd be something like 'It's complicated,' or 'I'm seeing someone, what am I doing?' or something around those lines. No. He had feelings for me. I must've had some weird look on my face or something because he looked upset after a moment. "I figured you wouldn't be cool with it.." He sighed and went to stand up.

"Yes." I spoke quickly. He stopped and looked back at me, surprised. "Of course I will be your girlfriend, 'O." I giggled, looking up at him. "Now lay your ass back down and lets talk." I patted the empty spot beside me on my bed.

A huge smile spread across his face and he looked at my bed, then back at me. "Are you sure? It's getting late."

I laughed and nodded. "Yes, I'm sure. Hell, stay over if you want. I don't mind at all." I smiled up at him and watched as he laid back down on my bed. I cuddled up to him and kissed him softly on the cheek. I don't think I had ever felt this happy in my life. All this happened, thanks to a two-person bicycle wreck. 

We laid there for a little bit before he spoke, causing our usual three or four hour conversation to start. As the night wore on, our conversation did too. It was about 5 o'clock AM before our conversation slowed and I fell asleep in his arms.