Journey 0-1 : Fate

Start from the beginning

"Not at all!" On cue, the door burst open dramatically, manned by none other than the headmaster. His face was covered by a half-mask resembling a crow's beak. Through this mask, his eyes occasionally shine golden; he has pointy ears and short, wavy black hair. He had a nice sports coat over his coat. Thick black bird feathers curl from its blue collar, while the tips of the feathers are cut to resemble the two wings of a bird.

A black glove was on both hands, with gold claw rings on each finger. Three mirror-like accessories hung from her hips, and four golden locks dangled from her. He wears another mirror-like charm on his hat, which has three more keys, making a total of seven.

"Ah, he's here." The red-haired boy stated that without the slightest bit of surprise.

"I cannot believe you all. We were missing one new student, so I went to find them." He said it with a hint of disappointment, pulling the bound cat along with him. "However, I cannot find a trace of this student aside from this raccoon."

"Hmpfh!! Hffhm!!"

Several students looked at their principal with disappointed faces. However, for some reason, they weren't that surprised to hear him say that. One of them sighed and shook his head before suddenly resting one of his hands on one of his waists, the other hand raising slightly.

"Hence, what do you wish for us to do–"

"My, what a measly bunch of... Cult? Are we summoning a demon here?"

The closed door opened once again, giving the appearance of a "new student who couldn't be found" standing with a mysterious smile. Her hands were crossed, her heads tilted to the side; from her actions, it appeared she was aware of her error but was acting stupid. The robe she was wearing slightly swayed on the edge, with her hidden eyes trying to scan across the room.

"Alas, there you are!! Where on the Great seven have you been?!" A hum escaped her lips as she looked in the direction of a masked male crow. "You see, I was busy tricking a feline. After that strange occurrence, I found myself wandering aimlessly around the hall with no sense of direction."

A red-haired student crossed his arms, slightly disapproving of the trouble she was bringing. He was very disappointed with what had happened at this very second, and just as he wanted to state a rule that one must not be late for an important event, the principal once again started to speak.

"Good riddance! Do you not understand the trouble you have brought? I've wasted more than an hour trying to locate you."He complained, but she ignored him because her entire attention was focused on a specific mirror in the room's mirror..

"My, my, what an odd mirror. Remind me again — have I seen it? Ah, that's right..." She remembered something that happened before she got there; it was a lingering memory of her little adventure that happened a while ago. The mirror that has the face only stares at the individual.

"A lovely and noble flower of evil... Surely, you did not mean I'm a vile person, no?" On her own initiative, she walked towards the mirror. Her elegant and decisive steps passed through the crowd of people staring at her. Before walking across them, one could see her violet eyes twinkle with determination.

"..." He was silent for a moment, his eyes never leaving her figure.

Standing right in front of the mirror, she lowered her hood. Her long hair, the color of ash, hung free from the folds of the hood, with violet eyes facing forward without the slightest vibration. Crossing her arms, she held her head high, unconcerned by the surprised gazes that were mostly fixed on her.

"May I know the answer?"

"It's a girl!?"

"Wait, really!? I assumed it was another Pomefiore-looking lad!"