Chapter 7

Langa's P.O.V

"And what if I will not take it back?" asks Adam edging Reki on. "Then you leave me no choice, I'll make you" says Reki grabbing his board. The crowd starts to cheer them on and I watch them both carefully. I glance over at Ōkami, she looked slightly worried. "Hold on a minute, think about you choices for a second" says Ōkami walking over and placing a hand on Reki's shoulder. "I did, If I win this match you apologise to Miya" states Reki, shrugging Ōkami's hand of his shoulder. Miya looks over at Reki with shock and Ōkami walks over to me. "I don't need your pity slime! I'm not afraid of starting over" blurts Miya sadly. "It's fine, rules are rules and I can handle it" he continues, looking away. "It's not about pity, about being done with jerks like him treating other like total crap. Miya looks back at Reki with awe. "Hey! I know you can hear me, I can see your ears sticking out from behind that mask" yells Reki. "I wonder if we could see our emotions what shape would they take for the moods we're in?" replies Adam. "huh?" questions Reki, confused. "I imagine mine would be a spring, picture it, the amount of flowing water would reflect what I'm feeling" states Adam dancing around Ōkami and I before jumping onto his board. "I'm not hear for a poetry reading, I want-" starts Reki before Adam gently rolls over to him, his fist only a few centimetres away from Reki's face. "If we were to look right now, my spring would be a dessert because that's the level of interest I have at humouring mediocrity" starts Adam again. "However you two, your talent it drips from you, I've become a river, you've created a deluge of intrigue" continues Adam rolling back over to me  and Ōkami and circles us. "oh a flow of information has burst open my dam, so I've chosen my prize" sighs Adam stopping in front of Ōkami and I, one of his hands lifts up Ōkami's chin wile he stares at me. "I want to skate with you two next, how's that sound?" suggests Adam looking over at Ōkami then back to me. "I can't wait" I reply confidently. There was just something about him that made me want to skate against him. "WHAT?! LANGA!" blurts Reki. "Well what about you my dear?" asks Adam looking back over at Ōkami. Ōkami hits his hand away from her chin. "Fine, someone has to make sure the kid doesn't get too hurt" Ōkami states staring Adam straight in the eye. "excellent, we have a deal" sighs Adam looking behind him towards Reki.  

Y/n's P.O.V

"I don't get it why are you like that?" asks Reki to Langa as we sit at our desks in the middle of our first lesson. "like what?" asks Langa back. "you say yes to everyone who challenges you" responds Reki. "Say yes to what? What happened last night?" I hiss at them playing along like I had no clue. So far it's taken up almost all my energy not to scream at them this morning for being so stupid. "Really? why do you have to challenge anyone who upsets you?" asks Langa back to Reki completely ignoring me. "because he pissed me off" answers Reki "He challenged who?" I question again. "Reki challenged this guy called Adam last night because he was being rude" answers Langa finally. "YOU DID WHAT?!" I yell, standing up because of my anger and worry. "Is everything alright Ms. (L/n)?" questions our teacher. "Ah yes sorry sir" I answer a bit flustered before sitting back down. "ok continue, I yell at you later" I whisper to them after taking a deep breath. "well I enjoy skating" states Langa. "Huh? you saying when you looked at Adam he sparked frickin joy?" questioned Reki. "Cool, Co- Co Cool, though that mask is cool I guess" scoffs Reki. "I can't believe you guys" I growl. "But man the stuff he says to people" growls Reki, as the teacher walks by my desk and behind Langa and Reki's. "He sucks!" states Reki a bit loudly and the teacher whacks him in the head with a roll of paper. 

"So Adam what kinda skater is he?" questions Langa staring at his food after I yelled at both of them for being so darn stupid. "He started 'S'" I explain. "Rumour is he's undefeated" adds Reki. "Not rumour it's true! that's why I'm so worried for you guys" I states worriedly. "Fascinating" gasps Langa in awe. "that wasn't supposed to be a good thing" Reki and I both sigh. "That's actually all I have on him but if we run into Ōkami again we can ask her or the other founders" replies Reki.  "who are they?" asks Langa. "Cherry, Joe" I answer. "Man I bet they would love to go on about that guy" sighs Reki. 'Ha if only he knew the truth' I think to myself. "Don't listen to him" says the man sitting next to Reki suddenly. We look over to find Kojiro/Joe. "Joe!" gasps Reki in surprise. Kojiro looks over at me and we make eye contact, I quickly motion that they have no idea about my 'S' identity. "I was skating with Adam before 'S', there's more to him then his performances" explains Kojiro looking back at his meal. "Who's that?" questions Langa whispering to me. "Joe, one of the founding members, he's known as the six pack skater, also the fastest and strongest IF your looking at raw power" I explain. "Well it's good to know the little lady knows who I am" sighs Kojiro after finishing his meal before giving me a wink.  "but come on you know I'm more then just power" states Kojiro pulling Reki into a tight hug. "I get it, Let go..." gasps Reki searching for air as I giggle. "so back to Adam, what kinda skater is he?" asks Langa bringing things back on topic. Joe looks over at Langa and I and let's Reki go before walking back to his seat. "Well is nick name says a lot, he is the mediator of love"  Joe starts to explain. "love?" questions Langa. "It has to do with his view on skating, he calls it a ritual of love" explains Joe "Yeah what's up with that?" I question. "Feels like a stretch" adds Reki. "His inter game's a stretch, I don't get him now, it's lame" sighs Joe. "Honestly I can't believe Ōkami said yes to skating with him, especially since she's been trying to avoid it for a while now" adds Joe looking over at me. "That said he's a dangerous skater, make no mistake, everyone who runs a beef against Adam wines up severely injured" Explains Joe. "A lot of them never recover and have to quit skating" adds Joe. I watch Reki's face as he goes through his memories. When I first arrived at Okinawa, Reki had another friend who originally got him into skating, that friend is the reason I became best friends with Reki, I was skating in the park one day and they invited me over, but that friend got into an accident and quit skating, since then our friendships with him started to fade until we no longer talked. "I don't want to be the boogey man but just keep that in mind" says Joe noticing Reki and mine's faces. "Later" Says Joe getting up and winking at me before he leaves. "Thanks it was great, oh and I'm paying for those three" Joe calls out to the owner. "Ok come again soon!" calls the owner. We all look at the money placed on the table. "Seriously? that's not going to cover Jack" sighs Reki.