Once you were finished, you took a look outside. It was calm. Quiet. But you wondered if that thing from yesterday was still outside. Watching and waiting for you. Ready to get it's revenge.

You held the kitchen knife with one hand, and the bat in the other.

There was nothing to keep you here. Nothing but faded memories that you couldn't even remember. There's no reason to check the windows or bolt the door. No reason to chain the cellar or dim the lights.

Yet, you did. You figured it would be respectful to treat this house with kindness after the shelter it gave you. And.....for the memories it might have once held.

You found yourself standing in the front yard, once again in the destroyed neighborhood. You looked around for a moment before you started your journey to town.

All was quiet, which worried you. This place looked like it was once home to many. But now, there were none.

Only you.

Or, you think.

You weren't sure.

So you held your weapons tight.

When you finally reached the end of the hill, you spotted the town below. The sign with the name was faded and nearly rusted to nothing.

No answer for one question. But you had others. So you walked down the road to find some kind of solace in this odd world. Maybe another survivor or some kind of life.

You quickly noticed that the air was thick.

Main street was dead silent, much like the rest of the world. The windows were mostly busted and it was very clear that the shops were ransacked by looters. The paint inside seemed to be peeling and what was left was thrown around.

You stopped when you reached a certain building. You looked around for a moment before you stepped through the broken door. This must have been the main store in the block.

You looked around and sniffed the air. You still smelt smoke.

You wondered the aisles for a moment before you spotted something. You walked towards the object in the ground and reached for it.

You held it in your hands as you looked at the green rubber.

This was the Green Goblin. Or, a mask of the Green Goblin. A Halloween costume.

You recalled celebrating Halloween once. When your father was out of town and your mother was able to take you and your sister treat or treating.

A fond memory. One of the few from your childhood.

You decided to humor yourself by pulling the mask on. The smell of rubber hit your nose as you looked around the small eye holes.

How did Norman Osborn fight with this thing? He flew with it.

You chuckled a bit, but stopped when you heard a noise. A can hitting the floor.

You looked down the aisle to see a stray empty can of food rolling across the floor. You watched it before it hit the opposite shelf, causing it to stop.

You stared at it for a moment before you smelt something else. Melting steel.

You slowly looked up to find a figure standing there. It wasn't the creature from the day before. It was something else. But, it wasn't a friend.