To the Beat-Wooyoung

정 우영
Jung Woo-Young

You were the daughter of a choreographer. You loved dancing but you never show it because your Father wanted you to be doctor and not to be like him. He said he wanted a better life for you.

To you, dancing is life. You dance when your father and brother are not around. You would sneak out early in the morning, to go to the rooftop and dance.

You didn't know where your father worked. He didn't want you to know because of your interest. He didn't want you to follow him there.

One day, you decided to follow him, without him knowing. He went to this giant building. You followed him. He couldn't recognise you because you borrowed a hoodie from your friend.

He went to the elevator. You didn't go in after him. You took the other elevator. He press floor 10, so did you.

He went to this room, you stayed outside and took a peek. He was instructing 7 boys. You stood there and watched for about 5 minutes...

Until someone tapped on your shoulder. You quickly turned and it was a boy. He's got long hair, just above his shoulders and he's cute.

"Do you have somewhere to be?" He asked, you panicked and started walking away. He grabbed your hand. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah...sorry" You said and walked away. You heard the door opened behind you. You heard your father's voice. "WooYoung?! Why are you late?"

You're walking turned into running. You ran to the elevator and went down. You went home and stayed there as if nothing happened.

The building was close to the park you always go to and dance. You're surprised that your father hasn't caught you yet.

That night, your father came back. "Dad, can I go to my friend's house for a sleep over? I did my homework and all" You said.

"Who's your friend again?" He asked. "Jisoo, please" You begged. "Alright...be back tomorrow afternoon" He said.

Suddenly, you heard a knock on the door. "Jisoo!" Yelled then ran towards the door. You opened it and it wasn't her. It was that boy you met earlier.

"Hey, oh it's you" He said and your eyes widened. "Sorry, do you need anything?" You asked, trying to change the subject. "Oh yeah, I came to drop our choreographer's bag. Mr. Y/L/N...he lives here right?' He asked and you nodded.

" Who's at the door, Y/N?" You heard you father's voice. "Thanks, bye" You said to the boy, as you remembered his name was WooYoung. You quickly shut the door and went inside.

"A boy came over to drop this" You said as you handed your dad his bag. "Who was it?" He asked. "I don't know his name" You said. Soon, Jisoo showed up and you both walked over to her house.

Your houses weren't that far. "Do you wanna go somewhere else?" She asked. She knew about your situation, about your father wanting what's best for you. "Sure...how about the park?" You asked. "Sure" She said.

You both walked over to the park and sat on one of the benches. "Here" Said Jisoo, grabbing her phone and put on some music. "Go on. Your dad isn't here" She said. You gave her your biggest smile then stood.

You stretched for a bit then started moving. It was a KPop song so it was easy for you to dance with as you're a huge fan. You saw someone walking over towards you and quickly sat down.

You thought it was you father, but no. "Sick moves" He said. As he got closer, you recognised him. "WooYoung, right?" You asked and he nodded. "Y/N, right?" He asked and you nodded too.