Chapter Thirty-Three.

"Welcome home!" Karl cheered, seeing my parents walk through the door.

I laugh, showing just as much enthusiasm as him when running to hug the married couple. "Welcome back guys."

Me and Karl spent the last two weeks of our alone time in the house, the outdoors not really appealing to our tastes.

I actually got to spend a lot of time doing research on the dimension issues too, which was nice since that's something I haven't been able to do a lot of since Karl got here.

If he only had a month and a few days like I did, he'll be going back home anytime now, and I don't think I'll be able to handle it at this point.

We've spent so much time together, and done so many things, that I can't even really imagine my days without him around.

"Oh, guess what we bought," My mom smiled, going into a paper bag before pulling out two necklaces. "They're for you two!"

I smile, seeing the empty lockets. "What pictures are we supposed to put in them?"

Mom got a little closer to me as Karl talked with dad. I smile, seeing how Karl had grown his beard back to its normal length because I hadn't taken him out in public a lot after the incident.

Actually, now that he's been here for a while, I feel less worry walking with him in crowds. At this point, if anyone tells me he's Karl Heisenberg, I'll just say they look alike.

"I thought you and Karl might be able to put pictures of yourselves inside," Mom smiled, holding the golden locket up a little.

I let my cheeks flush as I kissed the woman's cheek rather quickly in appreciation. "Thank you! I'm sure he'll love it!"

Dad walked over to me, resting an arm on my shoulder. "So, how did you enjoy being alone?"

Now that I thought about it, me and Karl hadn't actually done anything major. We just got caught up doing random things like binging shows and using blankets to slide down the stairs.

"We had fun, food plans were annoying though," I laugh, thinking of how many times I had to go out and grab snacks.

"I ate great!" Karl chimed in, walking over to the group so he can rest his head on my opposite shoulder. I knew what he was referencing and fought the urge to punch him in the dick. "y/n made a great lunch!"

My parents give me a proud look before taking their suitcases. "Good job making sure the guest is taken care of sweetie. We're gonna go unpack, just let us know if you guys need anything."

I nod to my mother's words and watch the duo disappear around the corner into their bedroom.

When I hear the doors familiar shut, I immediately hit Karl in the chest. "What the fuck!"

He laughs, voice going back to its gravelly tone as he wrapped his arms around me, grabbing my ass with a grunt. His sharp canines run over my earlobe, making me shiver. "Did my Buttercup not enjoy her time?"

I whimper as he licks along my ear, slipping his hand from my ass to the middle of my legs. "Karl, I'm going to kill you if you don't stop."

"The only way I'd like to die from you is if you plop those sexy ass thighs on my face and suffocate me," Karl smirked, his hand going under my pajama shorts and into my panties, running his fingers along the folds. "So wet just from some simple words, what a dirty little slut."

I'm just about give in and let the man do as he wishes when I quickly push back, running my hands through my hair as I try and straighten out my thoughts. "You, Karl, are a threat to society."

He laughed, shoving his fingers in his mouth to suck on them lightly. "Only to you, Baby Girl."

I shake my head and go upstairs to my bedroom, sitting down at my computer desk. Karl follows suit, plopping down on the bed to watch over me. "My days are numbered— aren't they..."

His sad tone makes me look down as the mood changes quickly. I'm not able to give him the answer we both know I have to, my stomach churning. "We don't need to think about it."

"But we do. What happens when I'm suddenly sucked back up into the world after so many years have passed? What will they do?"

I shake my head and stand, walking back over to Karl with a small smile. "I'll figure something out, okay? I don't know why I was brought back to my world, but something might be different for you. How did you get brought to this world anyway? Was there something noticeable about the way you got here?"

He shakes his head, laying down on the bed to stare up at my ceiling. "Nothing. One moment I was... well I was looking for you, then the next I was waking up inside an alleyway in this world. All I know is I was dizzy before it happened, like really dizzy."

I take note of what he's saying, realizing that it's completely different from the symptoms I experienced with both of my jumps.

Karl's jumps weren't caused by the video games website like mine were though, I knew that much. "Holy shit, I sound crazy."

Karl looked over at me in confusion. "Huh?"

"Nothing, it's just the thoughts in my head," I laugh, feeling Karl reach up and grab my hand, guiding me over to him.

"Don't give yourself a headache over this my Liebling, whatever happens, happens. We can't change it. Instead, why don't you come lay with me for some snuggle time?" Karl smiles, trying to hide his own worry behind a mask. I shake my head, laying down next to the man with a sigh.

"I just wanna figure this all out."

. . .

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?
-what?? Plot?? The hell is that??