Chapter Seventeen.

I've been down in the basement for about an hour now, and I still haven't heard a word from Karl. I'm starting worry that Maranda did something.

I already know I'm not allowed to go up to the top floors when people who don't know about me are around, but this guy has been messing with my emotions almost constantly since I got here, and right now, I'm worried.

Every time I see him I get these stupid butterflies in my stomach, and I start to feel hot, and when he's not around I get awkwardly lonely and concerned.

I hate it.

My feelings are all out of control, and I need to reel them back in; nothing about emotions in this world is good. Every time I've seen someone in Resident Evil feel something, they wind up in deadly situations. Why do you think Chris is always okay?

"Karl is fine y/n, you're overthinking stuff again," I stared down at the clothes he'd just gotten me and immediately felt that warm feeling flood my body.

Was I... no.

I cut my thoughts off before I could finish them, shaking my head quickly. "You aren't allowed to feel that way towards video game characters y/n. They're not real, they can't be yours."

I shake my head, taking in deep breaths so I could focus on calming my fast beating heart.

It's then that I feel the familiar sensation of my feet going numb. I look down, seeing a familiar blue light. "What?! Right now?!"

"y/n! That crazy bitch is gone, she needed some spare parts from me. Can you believe that? Her almighty ass needed something? What a prick."

Karl walked out of the elevator and I use my hands to crawl farther away, not wanting him to see what was happening to me.

"y/n?"

I take deep breaths, swallowing the urge to call out to the man and allow him to find me. I couldn't let him see me like this. He'd have too many questions, and I wouldn't be able to answer even one of them.

I knew a day like this would come. This is my fault, I got attached. Coming here was a mistake anyways, a human shouldn't be able to do stuff like this. I should never have imagined that maybe, just maybe, I could've had a life here.

The more I thought about it all, the more I realized my face was getting wet, tears cascading down.

I don't wanna go, but it's for the best... Right?

"y/n, where are you?! y/n!" I can hear Karl getting closer, but he's already too late, the blue is up to my neck, and within seconds, I can feel myself being brought back from the world.

Goodbye Karl.

. . .

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?
-a shorter chapter but I hope no one minds since it's a double update :)