Chapter Twenty-Four.

"You've never heard his name come from my sappy daughters mouth?" Dad questioned, turning to look back at Karl with a raised brow.

I attempt to cover the mans mouth, but he shrugs me off, continuing his story when Karl shakes his head. Oh, for fucks sake.

"Some asshole baseball player that went to her high school. He romanced her right into his pants," My dad groaned the words out in disgust, shaking his head out of pure annoyance. "That's right, pants! I thought I'd raised a scholar, not an idiot!"

"Dad!" I shove his shoulder, making him choke on breakfast. "Learn some manners!"

Meanwhile, Karl was practically burning holes into the cement with a glare. I sigh, walking over to him with minimal hesitation. At this point, his anger no longer scared me. Rather, it concerned me.

"Karl, I haven't talked to him in months. Adam doesn't even live in this town anymore, he moved to Arizona."

The man goes quiet for a minute, swallowing the food left in his mouth before doing anything. "Oh."

I realize how bad this looked to Karl, who'd only known of me up until yesterday, when he met my parents. I assume his pea brain thought I was just some lonely orphaned child with no life before then.

In his defense, that's almost correct. Except for the orphan part. And the no life part. Lonely, maybe.

"Months? Make it weeks. They broke up a year ago, but she was stuck to his side like glue until he moved. He even visited us up until moving day. I'm surprised you stuck around her long enough without hearing—" I shoveled a pice of sausage into my fathers mouth, blocking out his choice words.

"Karl, I promise you that nothing is going on between either of us—" Just as I started talking, Karl set his food down onto a chair that had been pulled out from the garage.

"I'm gonna go and help your mom clean up breakfast or something like that," Karl walked off, heading into the house as quickly as he could to avoid the awkward situation my father was creating.

"Dad, what the hell?!"

He just looked at me with confusion, like I was the one oversharing personal information that could've gone unsaid.

"What? Best be honest now before there's any permanent ties. Imagine how I felt when your mother told me she had been dating the school jock for three years only a week before meeting up with me. And then how I felt when that guy beat me to a pulp at the next football game."

I rolled my eyes, following after Karl into the house so I could find him in the kitchen, supposedly helping my mom.

I'm suddenly glad to have taken some time in the RE world to teach him proper manners, or else this visit to my parents would be a nightmare.

Karl had to learn things like chewing with his mouth closed. Saying please and thank you. No foul language around people you don't know. Usual stuff that most people already had under lock and key at his age.

"Karl?" I poke my head into the kitchen to see my mother all alone. "Mom, where'd Karl go?"

"Hm? Oh I think he just went upstairs, maybe to the bathroom?"

I nod, walking off towards my own room despite my moms words. He was gonna be in there, I could feel it. No one says they're gonna wash dishes and then casually goes to the bathroom.

When I opened the bedroom door, as I assumed, there he was, staring at the photos on my wall with a blank face of hidden emotion. "Thats him, huh..."

I look over and see pictures of me and Adam that I'd forgotten to take down. Both of us were smiling, holding each other on the beach. How gross.

I shake my head and rip down the images, looking over at my... friend? Was he even a friend anymore? "I swear to you nothing happ—"

My words are cut short when the man rushes towards me, pulling me against him into an aggressive kiss.

I let out a small gasp at the action, allowing him to shove his tongue in my mouth before I can even register what was happening.

The only thing I can do is melt with his touch, arms wrapping around his neck rather quickly to keep my body held up.

Karls hands grab onto my ass, motioning me to jump with a squeeze. I do as he silently asked, wrapping my legs around his waist only to feel him grab my thighs to keep me sturdy.

Karl pushes me against the wall of my room where the photos had once been, deepening the kiss further as he leaves small bites to my bottom lip.

I feel sharp canines against my delicate flesh and moan, arching my back subconsciously for more. Karl growls, leaving my mouth to trail kisses from the jaw down, his stubble tickling me along the way.

When he reaches my neck the man immediately starts sucking on skin rather than kissing, nipping it every once in awhile. "K-Karl..." I gasp his name out, pulling on his salt-and-pepper hair to try and make him stop.

He doesn't.

In fact, he does even more, lapping his tongue over the fresh hickeys before moving up to my ear, nipping on it with his teeth before running his tongue along the inner lobe.

I shiver, grabbing at the skin on his back. "Stop... Karl— let me speak," My words are breathy as I try and stop him again, hoping to explain the situation.

"Why should I stop? Is this skin not mine?" He whispers the harsh words into my ear before licking over it again, making me shudder in delight.

"N-No that's not what I'm saying," I try and defend, still holding on tight enough to leave marks.

"So I have to share?" His animalistic growl only makes me bite my tongue as he grows more jealous of a man I don't even talk to.

I can't lie, this side of Karl is hot.

"No..." I mumble, burying my face into the crook of his neck when he finally gives me a chance to breathe. "You don't have to share."

"So this is all mine, correct?" He questions, hands gripping the fat on my thighs harder. I moan into his neck, feeling as if every touch he leaves makes my body hotter. I've never been this sensitive before.

"All... yours..." I admit, realizing that Karl never wanted an explanation in the first place.

No, he wanted proof. Proof that I was no longer someone else's play-thing, rather, I was his and only his.

He doesn't like to share what's his.

. . .

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?
-spice. Everyone needs a little spice in their life.