''Are you ready?'' I ask.

 ''Yes.'' He says, getting up.

        I hold the door as he walks through. I walk behind him, while searching for William. For a cook, he does most of a butler's duty. We find him in the kitchen.

 ''Can you escort Ciel and I into town?'' I ask.

 ''Yes, Master. I will get the carriage.''

        We wait for William to bring the carriage around. Once he does, I help Ciel inside. We sit, quietly, as the carriage makes it's way into town. I have gotten used to silence with Ciel, it is almost natural now. 

        The carriage pulls into town and William helps Ciel and I out of the carriage, even though we are plenty capable of doing it ourselves. 

 ''William, we will be back in a few hours. Until then, enjoy yourself. Okay?'' I say.

 ''Yes, Master.''

        I walk Ciel down the nicely pathed sidewalks. I didn't give it much thought of where and what Ciel wanted to go and do. I'm guessing I'll have to take charge. 

 ''Are you hungry?'' I ask.

 ''Kind of.'' He replies.

        I know where to go. I think he'd enjoy this little restaurant. My father is acquainted with the current owners. 

        I walk Ciel to the restaurant, in silence. As we enter the restaurant, the smell of delectable food lingers. I have only been here a few times but, each time was enjoyable. The food is great and the people seem friendly. 

 ''Welcome Sebastian! Long time no see!'' The owner greets us.

 ''Indeed! How have you been?''

 ''Good, good. Who is this little one with you?''

        Oh no, he thinks Ciel is a mere child.

 ''Oh, this is Ciel. He is also my age, believe it or not.''

 ''My apologies! Come in, sit down.''He exclaims.

        He sits us down on a table. And we sit, in silence. 

        I look through the short menu and see they have sweets. I'm sure Ciel will order something sweet. He has the biggest sweet tooth, almost like a child's. It's ever so captivating though.

 ''Are you ready for your orders to be taken?'' A lady asks.

 ''I'll have the German chocolate cake with Earl Grey tea.'' Ciel says.

 ''I'll just have the Earl grey tea, with a slice of apple pie.''

 ''Thank you.''

        I look over to Ciel and notice he seems stressed. I wonder what's on his mind.

 ''Are you okay?'' I ask.

 ''I'm fine.''

 ''Are you sure?''

 ''Positive.''

        I know he is lying to me, which is why it bothers me so much, He doesn't have to lie to me. We are close enough to tell each other anything, or that is what I think. He might not feel the same way. 

 ''Ciel, please tell me what's wrong.''

 ''Fine.'' He mumbles, angrily.

 ''My nightmares are just more vivid and heart wrenching. It's come to the point that I have difficulties sleeping. It is bad enough I had to go through what I did but, I don't want to relive it every night when I slumber. It aggravates me that I can't seem to get these nightmares out of my head.'' He says.

 ''Can I ask what your nightmares are of?''

         He waits a minute, before answering.

 ''My parents. I look through my former manor's hall ways, searching for them. I look everywhere for them. I finally find them in the living room. Instead of them being separate, they're one person. They looked as if they were sewed together. And, after I see them, the flames swallow them.''

        I see the slight shine in his eyes, showing he is trying not to cry. It breaks me knowing I am powerless in these matters. I can't make his past go away. I can't even make his nightmares go away. I can only promise that he will never be harmed again, no matter what.

 ''Ciel. I know I can't do much for you, regarding your past and your nightmares. I know I will never understand what you had to go though. I just want you to know, that I will always protect you. I will always make sure you're okay. I will always be by your side, no matter what happens. I'll make sure you're always safe and content. So, please try not to worry.'' 

        I see his face soften a bit. I think my words might have reached him in some way.

 ''Your cakes and tea, sirs.'' The lady says, handing us our orders.

        I look to Ciel and see he is already inhaling his chocolate cake he ordered.

 ''Ciel, chew, don't inhale your food.'' I joke.

 ''Shut up.'' He smiles back.