Chapter ten;

It has been two days in our small journey back home and throughout that time, I have made no progress with Ciel. He is still distant as ever and won't make any first move to a conversation. It isn't like he is ice cold, it's the fact he isn't used to outsiders. He must be used to the servants and Madam Red at the manor. I have also noticed that he tends to be more timid towards William than me. William is intimidating but, so is Ciel. That means he has opened up slightly to me. 

 ''I need to use the restroom.'' Ciel says, not making eye contact.

         I use my can to bang the roof of the carriage, signaling to stop. The carriage comes to a hault and Ciel hastily. 

 ''I will be back in a moment, sorry for making another stop.'' Ciel says, getting out.

        I watch as he makes his way through the woods so, no one can see him, I soon don't see him. 

 ''William, what do you think of Ciel?'' I ask.

 ''He is more mature than you and also seems very solemn. The exact opposite of you, master.''

 ''I can be mature. I shouldn't of asked you.''

        I look out the window, trying to get over William's minor insult. I noticed Ciel has been gone for quite some time. He is sixteen, he is plenty capable to get through the woods, without getting lost. He is an intelligent boy. If anything, it would be me lost in the woods. 

 ''Master, Ciel has been gone for a long period of time. I suggest you go look for him.'' William states.

 ''Okay.''

        If William is worried, then I should be worried. 

        I hop out of the carriage and walk into the woods. I notice carvings in the tree trunks, looks like it was caused by a knife. Ciel must have known he would have troubles finding his way back and carved them in so, he knows which way to get back to the carriage. 

        I follow the carvings on the trees, until they stop. I don't see Ciel. I look around the area, thinking he might be around the last carving. I start to panic once I realize he is no where to be fount. I pick up my pace and start calling his name on the top of my lungs.

 ''Ciel! Ciel! Ciel!'' 

        No response. 

        I look around the woods. I'm tripping over roots, walking through prickers, stomping though mud. It's also starting to get darker out. I have to find him soon. I can only imagine how petrified he is. 

        The chilled air whips across my face and body. The only thing keeping me warm is the scarf I brought with me. I can feel my body slowly tremble with fear and coldness. Ciel didn't have any sort of warm cloths on him. He must be freezing. If only the sun was still up, to keep the warmth. 

        I come across a stream. A shallow on that is. I cup my hands together and drink some water. I wonder if Ciel is hungry or thirsty, or even alright. I can't think negatively.

        It has gotten so dark out, that the only sign of light is the moon. I can barely see my hand in front of my face. 

        I keep walking straight ahead, if I follow up stream I might be able to find Ciel. After an hour, I come across a medium sized cave. It should be warm in there. I also see some sort of light streaming out the entrance. 

        I walk in the cave carefully, making sure I don't come across criminals. 

 ''Sebastian?'' I hear a familiar voice say.

        I scan my eyes across the cave, to see Ciel, hovering over a fire. 

 ''You're okay!'' I yell.

 ''Why wouldn't I be?'' He questions.

 ''Aren't you lost?''

 ''Yes but, I'm capable of staying alive on my own. I've done it once.'' 

 ''Well, I'm just glad you're okay.''

 ''Sebastian.''

 ''Yes?''

 ''Have you gave it any thought, that you're also lost?''

         I'm lost, in the middle of the woods, without realizing.

''I guess I am.'' I say.

''You have to be hungry, come here.''

                 I walk over to see he was able to catch fish and cook it.

 ''How did you do this, I mean, catch fish?''

 ''You catch it. Simple. Why?''

 ''No reason.''

        I eat the fish he hands me and eat it in silence. I was hungry so, I am thankful for the food. 

 ''We will start finding our way back once the sun rises. It's too dangerous now.''Ciel says.

 ''Okay.''

 ''How did you end up getting here in such the darkness? You look rough.''

 ''I followed up a stream a couple hours after the marks on the trees stopped.''

 ''Even though I carved every tree I passed, I still ended up lost. And, so did you.'' 

 ''I am sure we will be able to find the carriage tomorrow. I'm also sure William is planning a search team to look for us. We will be fine.''

 ''I know. I'm tired, I walked four hours and hunted for hours. I will be retiring for the night.'' 

        I woke up to Ciel, screaming my name angrily.

 ''Sebastian, you idiot, wake up!''

 ''I'm up. Try to quiet down, you're going to wake up the whole household.''

 ''What household? We're in a cave!''

         Oh, I forgot. I get up on my feet.The earlier we start to look for the carriage, the better.

 ''Okay, let's go.''

        We walk down the stream that brought us to the cave, I follow our footprints from lat night, to guide us. 

        It takes two hours, before Ciel sees his carvings from last night. We continue to follow the carvings. After awhile of following the carvings, we see the carriage and a very mad William.

 ''Would someone like to care to explain how you two got lost?'' He asks.

 ''I don't know. It just happen, sorry.'' I say.

 ''No more restroom breaks in the woods, understand? This journey back home is taking over time. Let's go.''

        We get into the carriage and I notice something in Ciel's hand. 

 ''What is in your hand?'' I ask.

 ''Nothing.'' 

        We hit a bump and the object he was holding, falls out of his hands. I take a glance, before picking it up. It is the locket I fount when I was putting the boxes in the carriage. 

 ''Give me that.'' He snatches it out of my hand.

 ''Sorry.'' I say,almost feeling sorry. 

 ''Don't be. Just, forget about it.''

        I see his reflection through the window and see a single tear fall down his pale cheek.