5. Reserve

It feels like they're entering a completely different world, away from their own.

Tall and small trees stand firm beside the asphalt road, with the soft light from the sun's golden rays kissing its leaves. The wind speeds by as their minibus drives through the scene, like they're going inside a magic portal.

"Whoa, look at that one!" Coraline gasps as she points to a little bird flying beside the minibus.

The little bird seemingly turns its head to Coraline, before flying upwards to join the flock of birds flying gracefully in the purple-pink afternoon sky, singing a beautiful song that only they can sing.

Wybie takes photos beside her despite the minibus driving at a fast speed.

"No way! Is that a deer?" Eggs points a finger on the window. Winnie peeks over his shoulder.

A young little deer pops its head from behind the thick bushes of leaves, making Eggs and Winnie fawn over the forest animal.

"Aww! It's so cute!!!" Winnie places her hands on her cheeks and squeals as she tilts her head with a grin.

The little deer bucks up on its feet and clamors along with the minibus. It leans its head closer to the window where Eggs and Winnie watches, before running back towards the tall trees. The two share a surprised gasp at what they just witnessed.

Different forest animals roam amongst the wide green landscape, along with a few crew of older people working in the forest grounds.

"Wow! Did you see that?" Neil shakes Norman's shoulder before he sticks his face against the window. Norman smiles and records Neil through the lens of his phone, a bright smile on his face.

The kids are amazed at how peaceful yet beautiful this forest reserve is, and each wonders what the ancient tree looks like.

"If the entrance to this forest alone looks like it was given all the love and care in the world, what would Tree Noyxu even look like..." Kubo looks out the window, seemingly breathless by the beauty of the forest passing by.

"I couldn't even begin to imagine," Agatha grins at him as she leans towards the windowpane.

Sir Lionel has spoken great things about Tree Noyxu when he chose the eight of them for this trip, so it must be a spectacular sight to be seen.

"Sir Lionel?" Winnie calls from her seat as she raises her hand.

"Yes, Winnie?" Sir Lionel turns his head to her.

"If I could ask, w here do all the old people go to rest?" Winnie clears her throat and turns her head to the window once again.

"Good question. W e're just making our way to that exact location." Sir Lionel says with a smirk.

Their minibus drives towards the incoming metal gates from a distance. The gates stand beside tall and sturdy chunks of wood that acts as a huge support barrier.

The thick wooden walls are so absurdly tall, it completely blocks the sun's rays.

The sunlight goes dimmer the closer they drive to the metal gates. The minibus stops just in front of them a few moments later.

There's a different aura amongst the forest after suddenly losing access to the sunlight. Whatever that aura is, it makes everyone fall completely silent because of it.

It was so quiet, the only sound the children could hear was the driver's seat window rolling down, along with the low whirring hum of the vehicle's engine roaring loudly.