"What a shame" Kirra told him with a grin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner that night was a very enjoyable affair. Tom the innkeeper put three tables together in the parlor, and the seven Weasleys, two Potters, and Hermione ate their way through five delicious courses. "How're we getting to King's Cross tomorrow, Dad?" asked Fred as they dug into a sumptuous chocolate pudding.

"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," said Mr. Weasley. Everyone looked up at him. "Why?" said Percy curiously. 

"It's because of you, Perce," said George seriously. "And there'll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them—"

"— for Humongous Bighead," said Fred. Everyone except Percy and Mrs. Weasley snorted into their pudding, Kirra elbowed the twins under the table who each sat on either side of her, she gave them a huge grin. 

"Why are the Ministry providing cars, Father?" Percy asked again, in a dignified voice. 

"Well, as we haven't got one anymore," said Mr. Weasley, "and as I work there, they're doing me a favor..." His voice was casual, but Kirra couldn't help noticing that Mr Wesley's ears had gone red, just like Fred and George's did when they were under pressure. 

"Good thing, too," said Mrs. Weasley briskly. "Do you realize how much luggage you've all got between you? A nice sight you'd be on the Muggle Underground... You are all packed, aren't you?" 

"Ron hasn't put all his new things in his trunk yet," said Percy, in a long-suffering voice. "He's dumped them on my bed." 

"You'd better go and pack properly, Ron, because we won't have much time in the morning," Mrs Weasley called down the table. Ron scowled at Percy. After dinner, everyone felt very full and sleepy. One by one they made their way upstairs to their rooms to check their things for the next day. Ron and Percy were next door to Harry and Kirra. Kirra had just closed and locked her own trunk when she and Harry heard angry voices through the wall, and went to see what was going on. 

The door of number twelve was ajar and Percy was shouting. "It was here, on the bedside table, I took it off for polishing —" 

"I haven't touched it, all right?" Ron roared back. 

"What's up?" said Harry and Kirra. 

"My Head Boy badge is gone," said Percy, rounding on Harry. "So's Scabbers's Rat Tonic," said Ron, throwing things out of his trunk to look. "I think I might've left it in the bar —" 

"You're not going anywhere till you've found my badge!" yelled Percy.

"I'll get Scabbers's stuff, I'm packed," Harry said to Ron

"I'll go too, just to help," Kirra said and internally smirked, due to the fact that Scabbers rat tonic was currently in her pocket, her, Fred and George had all snuck into Ron and Percy's room earlier, she took the tonic and they took the badge

Harry and Kirra went downstairs. They were halfway along the passage to the bar, which was now very dark, when they heard another pair of angry voices coming from the parlour. A second later, they recognized them as Mr and Mrs Weasleys.

Kirra tried to pull her brother away, knowing that it was none of their business but Harry wanted to listen to he stayed there, and since Kirra was trying to pull him (though due to how small she was, she was struggling) she had to stay there too.

Finally, the twins were about to leave, when the sound of their own names made them stop, and then move closer to the parlour door. "... makes no sense not to tell them," Mr. Weasley was saying heatedly. "Kirra and Harry's got a right to know. I've tried to tell Fudge, but he insists on treating the Potters like children. They are thirteen years old and —"