two

Well, here we are, second week into school and I've been helping Johnson out with his basketball skills. He's not as bad as I thought but he's no where near as good as Sammy, and he might not ever be as good as him but, he has the potential. We're starting our actual math tutoring stuff today because the first week is always a bunch of fluff and review that I already know. See I may not be the smartest gal but even review is easy for me.

Gilinsky rolls up to the grey brick house that looks pretty big from the outside.

"Thanks G, see you later." I say hopping out along with Johnson. I say a quick goodbye to Alexandria who's in the backseat with Shawn. I turn and follow Jack to the garage which he opens up and go through another door to get to a snow room. I put my stuff down and awkwardly stand there not really comfortable with this new environment.

"We can do it in the kitchen that way we can eat food and grab a snack whenever we want." Johnson says.I nod my head and grab my bag, and follow him into the kitchen. I sit down at the table and J sits across from me.

"Alright, lets get started shall we." He says pulling out an a thick book with numbers on the cover. I can feel myself getting headaches just because the book is in my presence.

He starts explaining some complicated mess with numbers that eventually becomes a bit more orderly in my head after fifteen minutes of explaining.

"Oh so..." I pick up my pencil and start solving the problem that made absolutely no sense go me a while ago.

"There you go. You got it! Scientific break through." Johnson says laughing and raising his arms up. I laugh at his ridiculousness and look back down at the paper. I stare at the next problem and feel his eyes on me. Uh... I look back up and he smiles and I show the same kind gesture.

"Thank you Jack, now I just hope I don't forget this tomorrow when we do it in class."

"You won't, don't worry about that." He pauses for a moment and we both just awkwardly stare at each other. I turn back at the paper and try to remember the process and halfway through the problem Jack speaks up again. "You know you're smart right, you just need to know it step by step."

"Well aren't you just a charmer." I say laughing and turning to the next problem in the book.

"Hey, I try." He says standing up. I smile again and stare up at him. He's so nice and funny, why was I so mean to him the other day? I try to look for words that would set an apology.

"Hey, just so you know, you're not as bad at basketball as I thought you were."

"Oh really?" He says leaning back in his chair. I reply with a simple,

"Yeah."

"Well then I guess I'm the next Sam Wilkinson."

"Alright don't get too cocky.But... I'm sorry for laughinh at you when you said you wanted to try out for the basketball team."

"It's whatever, I mean, let's be real here, I'm not the most athletic or buff kid." He says smilng at me. How could he say that about himself witha smile? It's confusing but I push it aside.