ten

Everything in my head wants to blame Sam for this. For the kiss I just witnessed, for Emily taking him back, and for my mad emotions over Emily causing me to explode. I left the keys of Em's mom's car on the bench in the park and started walking back home, which was far from here but I have friends that can pick me up ten minutes from the courts. Gilinsky decided to stay, but I knew I couldn't handle myself and not go off on Emily for being so oblivious to being used for her body.

I stop at a local gas station and stop inside, heading to the back of the store where all the drinks are located. I lean my back against a wall and pull out my phone and go through my contacts. E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, there we go. I tap the contact name and call him and it only takes one dial tone for him to pick up.

"Hey bro, what's up?" I hear his familiar voice say. I fake a laugh to ease up the conversation.

"Nothing I'm just over at the gas stations by the basketball courts," I'm now pacing in the back isle. "Would you mind picking me up?"

"No problem, I gotchu." He says ending the call. I turn off my phone and turn towards the glass refrigerator doors and glance at them. Budweiser...

Emily's POV

"I've missed that so much." he says holding my cheek in the palm of his hand. I blush and look at the ground and then back at his eyes. "See, look at those beautiful eyes." He says kissing me one last time.

"Shut up, how did you miss something when we haven't kissed in a day." I reply sarcastically.

"That day was misery." He says. I drag him with me to the edge of the fence where the gate opens up and stop again, quickly turning to him.

"Wait, if we're going to be together you have to promise me something."

"Anything for you babe."

"You will not tease Jack anymore." I say. His face immediately goes flat.

"Please tell me you mean G."

"J" I say crossing my arms. I'm not going to let to people I'm so close to at this point of my life completely hate each other. If I can't get them to love each other I want their zone to be neutral and not a war.

Sammy rolls his eyes. "Why do you want me to do that?"

"Because-"

"Are you and him, having a 'thing'." His voice inflects with disgust on the word thing.

"No, why would you..." I shut myself up remembering that he knows about the kiss. "Look that kiss was just a one time thing, and I didn't even start it, he brought himself onto me."

"So he's a problem?"

"No, he's a good friend who just happened to get his feelings mixed up." I say a bit louder than I should. I peek through the metal fence and don't spot Jack so I assume he didn't hear that, or any of this conversation. I look back at Sammy who's now looking down at the ground, digging his shoe into the crack on the pavement, hand through hair.

"Because you said so." He says giving a half smile.

I grin with satisfaction and then turn around. "Now if you don't mind I was in the middle of a game."

"Let me join you guys." He says walking behind him. As I walk through the gate, I'm about to turn around and tell him how that probably wouldn't be the best idea when I notice what's wrong with the scene. Shit.

Jack's POV

"And they just started making out?" Mike says looking from the road, to me, back to the road. I nod my head and look out the window. "Hey man look, maybe she's not the one." He begins trying to make the point of Emily's reunion kiss with Sam irrelevant.