Chapter 7: The Clans

Start from the beginning

The Nara head hummed. "I don't recall anything either that only requires all the clanheads attention." With the Nara's admission, Fugaku eased a little knowing that the others were clueless as well.

When the doors opened all of the clanhead stood in respect for the Hokage who hurriedly walked towards his chair and checked each of them. Each of their names were called and they bowed accordingly. "Shikaku, Inoichi, Choza, Fugaku, Isha, Shibi and Hiashi. I'm glad you all came to this sudden gathering. All the leader of each clan has been invited to this meeting, and I represent the Sarutobi clan with my sons absence."

They all nodded at him and they all held impassive faces awaiting for further details that the Hokage will provide.

"But I will let you all know that this is a very critical meeting." The warn of his tone tensed them they already knew how serious the matter was. The Sandaime sat followed suit by the others.

Everyone noticed right away how the Hokage's face grimaced. "I have called all of you today because I have someone I've recently been acquainted with that holds a lot of trust to all of you. Hence, your attendance at this meeting."

They all nodded as the Hokage briefly glanced at them.

"This person knows what happened behind the Kyuubi's attack."

The Clanheads all gasped in shock. But at the same time there was smack in the table and a pair of red eyes that went along with it. All eyes were between the Hokage and the Uchiha clanhead, the others were ready to step in if the Uchiha dares to move from his place.

Fugaku growled, he knew where this was directing to. "If this person speaks against my clan then I have no reason to be here to listen to fabricated lies again."

"Fugaku-sama, we must listen to the Hokage first before you make assumptions." The Yamanaka head spoke narrowing his eyes towards the man.

Clearing his throat, Hiruzen caught all of their attention as he eyed the Uchiha even with his blazing red eyes. "There is every reason you have to listen Fugaku, since this person claims your clan inside the village had nothing to do with it at all."

Fugaku and the other clan heads were once again shocked by this revelation. The Uchiha furrowed his eyebrows at this, deep in his heart he gained a little hope for his clan hearing this. But he was still enraged with the council's doing. Now noticing something was not right with the present members that were here if they were to reveal this information. "Fine. But I want to know why the clanheads are the only ones here. Your councilors and Danzo-sama are not here. This kind of information would be very helpful to let them know, Hokage-sama."

The others even Nara agreed to his statement.

The Hokage exhaled seemingly frustrated as well. "Even at my insistence of bringing them, my acquiantance did not want them to be aware of this information since she does not know them well enough to be trusted."

"You speak as if you trust this person more than your own councilors Hokage-sama, how can we guarantee that her words could be trusted?" The Nara asked skeptically finding out that it was a woman with the Sandaime's pronoun used.

"Or if you were not in anyone's genjutsu?" The Inuzuka flickered his eyes to Fugaku who scowled.

"I'll have you know that we will never stoop so low and manipulate someone we pledged loyalty to!" Fugaku snarled back at the Inuzuka.

"For someone who is not an Inuzuka you sure could bark as well like us! A person just claimed you were not responsible! I highly see that as suspicious seeing your clan mastered the Genjutsu who can easily manipulate this person or even the Hokage." The Inuzuka barked back.