Chapter 4: Birthday

.
.
.
.

In the middle of the night where the moonlight shone it's brightest and the harsh cold of the snow was falling on the Leaf Village, two people were still wide awake. Continuous sounds of a tree being struck by a metallic item was heard by the chased and a tiny body jumped to the other branch regaining her balance to avoid the incoming ones after she heard her Sensei's warning.

"Rei-chan. Incoming." His voice softly warned her.

'Shisui's too kind to actually just throw shurikens at a three year old, I guess.' Rei mused.

It has been this way since the first day when the world traveller had asked her sensei to practice evasion of incoming projectiles which surprised the older boy. She initially offered this way of training but Shisui reluctantly agreed and just told her he would use dulled shurikens to throw at her.

Before they did start from this exercise, the prior days consisted of her mastering her tree climbing exercise and chakra control. Shisui praised her chakra reserves and she only explained that she's been working on expanding it for a year non-stop. He had also seen her clumsy taijutsu with her tiny hands and feet but her sensei noted that her stance was good. She did learn some self defense from her original world after all.

Her tree to tree jumps was getting better than in the beginning but she would lie if it did not tire her. Her necessary backflips to dodge makes her dizzy and since she wasn't used to doing something acrobatic she had knocked her head twice on some trees. Fortunately the girl did not lose consciousness and was not concussed. She finally saw the clearing which meant the finish line for the exercise and she landed on the branch in exhaustion.

"Amazing Rei-chan. I altered the accuracy of my throws but for you to evade all of it. I threw two of it accurately as well." Her sensei was in awe as he praised the little girl who had shown promise the first time he saw her. "In the dark as well." He added.

'Ah those two shots that I had to flip and knock my head twice, why yes it still harmed me in a way.' She was exhausted and leaned on the tree when her sensei sat beside her and ruffled her hair.

The view from the clearing was a large body of water and the water reflected the beauty of the moon.

"I don't think even my best friend could do that when he was your age." He smiled looking at the distance of the scenery.

Rei gazed at her sensei for a few moments recalling of who he was talking about. 'Best friend... Itachi, huh. I'm not someone who memorized every character's life in Naruto but I do know that they were friends and trained together. They were part of a two-man team I think.'

"Really? Maybe I'll be a challenge to him?" She snickered intending it to be a joke.

Shisui chuckled in return. "Well he's busy getting ready for his chuunin exams. He's quite the prodigy of our clan. I would like for the two of you to meet someday." He admitted wanting to find out Itachi's reaction on his current student.

'Oh, one way or another we will meet someday I'm pretty sure.'

"I'd like to meet your best friend then." Then she frowned which was noticed by her sensei.

"What's wrong? Does your head hurt?" He worriedly asked trying to massage her head already.

She opened her mouth to suggest something but closed it immediately. 'Could I ask him? To train both Naruto and I?' She felt conflicted, it will make Naruto far stronger by miles if Shisui trains them. On the other hand, it will change something drastic on the plot she knows. Could she risk it?