chapter 4

It had been two days since steven got his powers back and spinel has been staying with me. he has been very helpful with the flower shop and honestly, I'm getting attached. however, I have noticed the gems around a lot. mostly in my flower shop. pearl usually just walks in stares at me while pretending to pick at the flowers. she of course buys a rose every time so I can't complain. Amethyst originally just chilled outside slowly though he started to chill and eat chips. now he comes in and talks to me. he once said " you are pretty cool just be careful of spinel" then he left. garnet just walked up to me the first time. he came in and said he wanted answers which I gladly gave him. I mostly spoke about my and Stevens's old friendship. he seems disappointed and told me" steven made a mistake. you are lovely and ill speak to him" garnet then turned and walked away leaving me confused.

at the end of the day, I just shrugged it off and went to bed. the next day I walk downstairs to see spinel talking to people and making them laugh. but once they saw me they all left leaving me to sigh but spinel came over and wrapped his arms around me " aww don't be sad those people are nothing anyways sugar!" yesterday I told spinel about sugar and now he keeps calling me that after saying " that describes you perfectly!" I had just laughed and gone to bed.

I smile and hug Spinel's back" thanks Spinel anyway I have to go out to get food. hopefully by the time I get back we made enough to keep this place open with you around. " spinel places his hands over his chest and maid a diamond shape with a smile. he then turned around and walked away. 'hmm that was weird' i shrug it off and leave the store. I walk down the docks and walk by Mr smileys place. when he sees me he walks to the door and leans against the entrance and watches me. ' why does he think ill cause trouble'?' i sigh and lean forward slouching as he walks away. I can faintly hear him sigh relieved making me sigh. I soon making to the small store and walk inside. people seem to move away from me as I walk by. I grab a few things not a lot. I go to the register and I look at the entrance and standing there are two guards. I don't remember them being there when I walked in... I soon pay and grab for my things and walk out. need fresh air I make my way to the beach and just sit as close to the water as possible.

I eventually make it and then lay down with my stuff next to me I sigh and watch the clouds. luckily it isn't so bright that looking at the sky hurts in fact I can look up comfortably. I close my eyes and sigh. I slowly start to fall asleep. I'm jolted awake by water splashing all over me. this causes me to jolt up and look around me. at first, it was all blurry and all I see is a purple blob but it slowly clears and soon I see amethyst grinning down at me " oh good you alive!!" I jump away as amethyst laughs and falls backward " BAHAHAHA you should have seen your face!" I let a pout appear on my face as I stand up and start to dust the sand off of me. amethyst just wipes away a fake tear " so what's ya doing out here toots? " I shrug and pick up my things " I needed some air.." I start to walk away thinking that was the end of the convo but amethyst keeps walking next to me with his arms behind his head. " soo what made you need air??" I sigh as we get on the dock and everyone suddenly moves away. I look at the floor as amethyst looks around "so they all just left" Ihy nod my head " that's why I wanted to be ALONE.." amethyst chuckles " that doesn't seem like a problem. after all everyone just left.. wonder why" I turn to him with a glare " listen they leave because I'm around so many you should follow their lead and walk away" I walk away leaving amethyst who just standing there with wide eyes.

soon I make it back and go into the store once I walk in the once packed store suddenly becomes empty making me sigh and spinel waves his hands around " hey y/n!!" I shale it off and smile as I walk behind the counter only for spinel to hug me " are you okay?" I nod my head" I'm fine. hey spinel I know you don't know much about this place so why don't I close up shop and we go for a walk?" spinel jumps and makes his hard stretch out and close everything " yes let's go let's go!" I laugh as me and spinel walk out and I lock the door behind me" okay all close up-" before I can finish my sentence spinel grabs me and we are off. it doesn't take long for us to get to the boardwalk and when we do most people leave or go inside but I just shrug it off. spinel is all I need. " hey looks weak on the beach I don't want to get in everyone's way " I point to the beach and spinel nods " okay but who cares about those lowlife humans we shouldn't care how they feel" I huff " spinel doesn't say that sure they may not like me but that doesn't mean they are lowlifes. now come on" spinel nods his head " sorry" I wave my hand with a smile " don't worry about it"

soon I and spinel make it to the beach and start to walk around me and he is{the app I'm using says that's right grammer} talking for a good few minutes and we don't notice where we are walking. unknowingly walking in front of Steven's house. spinel is the one to notice and when he does he hides behind me as garnet stands in front. garnets glasses flash as he stares at spinel. I smile nervously and wave " hello garnet" garnet nods at me " y/n" amethyst jumps from the top of the house and lands in front of me " oh hey it's you again!" I nod " yup it's me" spinel holds me tighter as pearl walks out and when he sees me and spinel he pulls out his spear but garnet grabs him before he can get too close " pearl they are friends" pearl grows " no theyre not! she pretends to be stevens friend and that geeem tried to kill steven!!" amethyst " chill pearl y/n is chill and spinel did stop his weapon!" pearl huffs and turns his head away from us " fine" his spear fades and garnet puts him down. but suddenly the earth starts to shake causing steven to come out " Y/N??" I smile nervously as the top half of a huge man comes from the ky. the thnk his huge and outcomes these giant gems " whoa" spinel puls me away as the big gems look at steven with smiles " oh steven its good we found you/ the white one says as the yellow and blue one sit down the wait one follows sit. seven walks over to them " w-what are you doing here??" the yellow gem waves his hand " since you didn't want to live with us we decided to move here." blue looks around " this planet is always so lovely" spinel tries to pull me away but pearl looks over " HEY DONT MOVE I'm not done talking to you!"

this catches everyone's attention. the blue one looks at us closer by us I mean spinel " oh my its pinks little toy!" yellow looks in shock " I thought he went missing 1000 years ago " blue leans back with his hand on his mouth " you poor thing> " spinel laughs nervously" is fine 100 years are nothing." this makes the yellow one laugh " he's right it is nothing !!" I jumped and spinel clings to me making the site one look at me and opens her mouth in shock he tops the others and pointed at me " oh my she looks like_" the blue on is cut off by the yellow one " like pink when he was first made.." they turn and start to mumble and when they are done the site one stands up " its official we are living here. " this makes steven panic " no you guys can't you are far too big" the white one waves his hand dismiss " that's not a problem" soon with a bright shining light the once three huge men are now the same sizes garnet. steven along with the gems holds shocked looks. I even move my hand up to close spinel's mouth the three gems walk over to me. at first, I that they wanted to speak to spinel but when I move they went to me. the waiter smiles at me "what's your name dear?" I smile nervously

" I'm y/n"